-   -   Network manager won't reconnect (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/589027-network-manager-wont-reconnect.html)

John Wendel 10-19-2011 03:35 AM

Network manager won't reconnect

Fedora 15 - Gnome 3 - on an old Intel based laptop.

I'm having a problem with a wireless network connection. For some
unknown reason, the connection drops frequently. When this happens,
network manager prompts for the password (which it has stored correctly)
and then is unable to reconnect to the network. Rebooting fixes the
problem, until the next disconnect.

Anybody have a solution?

Thanks,

John

Bruno Wolff III 10-19-2011 03:55 AM

Network manager won't reconnect

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 20:35:33 -0700,
John Wendel <jwendel10@comcast.net> wrote:

> Fedora 15 - Gnome 3 - on an old Intel based laptop.
>
> I'm having a problem with a wireless network connection. For some
> unknown reason, the connection drops frequently. When this happens,
> network manager prompts for the password (which it has stored correctly)
> and then is unable to reconnect to the network. Rebooting fixes the
> problem, until the next disconnect.
>
> Anybody have a solution?

I get this on a laptop when transferring large files fairly regularly.
I restart NetworkManger which is less pain than a reboot, but still
annoying.

If you are using the free firmware for a Broadcom chip, you might consider
trying out Broadcom's firmware to see if that works better for you.