Old 10-18-2011, 11:13 PM
Bob Goodwin

Default Serial port permissions -

On 18/10/11 17:19, Brian Mury wrote:
> No CAT control for your radio? What radio are you using?
> Perhaps an older GPS with serial output?

No GPS. An old Kenwood TS440S, has antenna tuner but no external
digital control. It also has AFSK in and out, as well as a DIN
connector with everything at one point, date, ptt, mic. mute,
etc. I plan to use that.

> I configure my Icom 2820 to send GPS NMEA data out the serial port. It
> gives me a constant stream of serial data, which is useful for
> troubleshooting.
>
> How have you configured fldigi? Specifically the "Hardware PTT",
> "RigCAT", and "Hamlib" tabs (subtabs of the "Rig" tab)? Screenshots of
> those three tabs would be useful.

I would hesitate to send image files to the list, can send to
your address?

>> Brian, I assume the one connector on the back of both computers
>> will be seen as ttyS0. FLDigi is set to ttyS0
> If you only have on physical serial port, it is probably ttyS0, yes
> (though I suppose it's not guaranteed).

[root@box9 bobg]# setserial -g /dev/ttyS[0123]
/dev/ttyS0, UART: 16550A, Port: 0x03f8, IRQ: 4
/dev/ttyS1, UART: unknown, Port: 0x02f8, IRQ: 3
/dev/ttyS2, UART: unknown, Port: 0x03e8, IRQ: 4
/dev/ttyS3, UART: unknown, Port: 0x02e8, IRQ: 3

So /dev/ttyS0 looks good to me ...

> I mentioned earlier that I don't use DTR/RTS control, but I could
> configure it for that and put a meter on those pins to see if it
> works. I won't be able to do it today, but can probably find a few
> minutes tomorrow evening.

That would probably be an imposition on your time but would
provide assurance that the function works.

Additionally I have yet to see transmit audio from the computer
while running FLDigi, I do get it from psk31lx. I have not had
keying signals from psk31lx either but have not devoted much
time to investigating that, it may be a configuration problem
and I haven't found much documentation in that area.

Bob