Old 03-18-2008, 11:49 PM
Ric Moore

Default Unmounting USB stick in KDE?

On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 11:46 +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> How is one meant to unmount a USB memory stick?
>
> Is there a Fedora or KDE equivalent to Windows "Safely Unmount"?
> I don't see anything in the K-menu.
>
> The reason I ask is that I always unmount my USB memory stick
> with "umount /media/ATV" as that appears to be what Fedora calls it.
> But then when I reboot next I am told that this device cannot be found.
>
> It doesn't seem to cause any problems, but just puzzles me.

If it shows up as an icon, on your desktop, a right click on it should
open a window with a list of options, unmount should be one of them. Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar

Old 03-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Timothy Murphy

Wolfgang Gill wrote:

>> How is one meant to unmount a USB memory stick?
>>
>> Is there a Fedora or KDE equivalent to Windows "Safely Unmount"?

> I just right click on the desktop Icon, and then click on 'Safely
> Remove'. Or if it's an older version of FC, just right click on the USB
> stick icon, and click on unmount..

Thanks very much.
The desktop icon was hidden behind my "desktop".

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366