Old 10-17-2011, 04:26 AM
John Aldrich

Default HELP!!! System messed up!

A little while ago I inadvertently killed power to my F15 box. Now I'm
unable to get a better screen size than 1024X768 (previous was
1280x1024) as well I'm having problems with my keyboard and mouse. The
keyboard will suddenly not work any more (i.e. I can't type) and the
mouse will somewhat work -- I can open a new console, etc, but I can't
make that the "active" window.

I have already tried using the nvidia-xconfig, but that screws it up
worse. (yes, I have an nVidia graphics chipset -- driver is noveau
according to /proc/modules)

If I have an xorg.conf file it REALLY hoses the system and I don't get
ANY graphics whatsoever and I have to rely on SSH-ing into the box to
init 3, delete the xorg.conf and restart x, at which time it's
somewhat normal.

Anyone got any ideas what the heck I did and how to fix it?

Old 10-17-2011, 04:28 AM
"D. Marshall Lemcoe Jr."

You might just completely remove Xorg and then completely reinstall it
to fix your xorg.conf issue.