Old 10-17-2011, 01:23 AM
"D. Marshall Lemcoe Jr."

Default Fedora 16 Beta - Google Account Integration

Hello all.

Yesterday I installed F16B on the laptop and was really excited when I
found out it would easily integrate all my Google Services into the
computer. However, after authenticating and enabling all the things I
wanted, I could not find any calendar, mail, or contacts from my
Google account anywhere.

Is this feature not fully functional yet?

Thanks,

David

Old 10-17-2011, 02:21 AM
suvayu ali

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 3:23 AM, D. Marshall Lemcoe Jr.
<forum@lemcoe.com> wrote:

> Yesterday I installed F16B on the laptop and was really excited when I
> found out it would easily integrate all my Google Services into the
> computer. However, after authenticating and enabling all the things I
> wanted, I could not find any calendar, mail, or contacts from my
> Google account anywhere.
>
> Is this feature not fully functional yet?

I believe it still requires some configuration. Did you create web
applications for your calendar, email applications?

Caveat: I haven't used this myself (actually I don't even use Gnome
:-p), my suggestion is entirely based on what I read on a Gnome
developer blog.

GL

--
Suvayu

Old 10-17-2011, 02:22 AM
"D. Marshall Lemcoe Jr."

I guess I didn't, because I assumed it just worked after I configured it!

Oops!

Thanks!

Old 10-17-2011, 03:00 AM
Steven Stern

What does it mean that it integrates? I've got my Google stuff tied
into Thunderbird.

Old 10-17-2011, 03:03 AM
Patrick O'Callaghan

On Sun, 2011-10-16 at 21:23 -0400, D. Marshall Lemcoe Jr. wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> Yesterday I installed F16B on the laptop and was really excited when I
> found out it would easily integrate all my Google Services into the
> computer. However, after authenticating and enabling all the things I
> wanted, I could not find any calendar, mail, or contacts from my
> Google account anywhere.
>
> Is this feature not fully functional yet?

I suggest you ask on the Test list, where F16 issues are discussed. Not
everyone involved with F16 testing reads the Users list.

poc

Old 10-17-2011, 03:04 AM
"D. Marshall Lemcoe Jr."

In F16 when you go to "Online Accounts" it prompts to authenticate
your Google account, and then gives a list of toggle switches if you
want to "turn on" you calendar, mail, contacts, etc.

Old 10-17-2011, 03:14 AM
Chris Kloiber

On 10/16/2011 11:04 PM, D. Marshall Lemcoe Jr. wrote:
> In F16 when you go to "Online Accounts" it prompts to authenticate
> your Google account, and then gives a list of toggle switches if you
> want to "turn on" you calendar, mail, contacts, etc.
What happens if you have multiple Google accounts? I have my personal
email on Google Apps, Another account for my Android phone (so I don't
get tons of email on the phone), and a third @gmail.com for Google+
because Google can't get it's act together and allow Profiles on Google
Apps accounts.

--
Chris Kloiber

Old 10-17-2011, 03:49 AM