-   -   What was gqview renamed to ? (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/588351-what-gqview-renamed.html)

Andras Simon 10-16-2011 07:41 PM

What was gqview renamed to ?

2011/10/16, linux guy <linuxguy123@gmail.com>:
> Subject says it all.
>
> I can't seem to find it with search.
>
> Thanks

geeqie is what you're probably looking for. (yum search led me to it.)

HTH,

Andras

linux guy 10-16-2011 07:52 PM

What was gqview renamed to ?

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 1:41 PM, Andras Simon <szajmi@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/10/16, linux guy <linuxguy123@gmail.com>:
>> Subject says it all.
>>
>> I can't seem to find it with search.
>>
>> Thanks
>

> geeqie is what you're probably looking for. (yum search led me to it.)

For future reference, what yum command sequence did you use to find it ?

Thanks !

Andras Simon 10-16-2011 08:21 PM

What was gqview renamed to ?

2011/10/16, linux guy <linuxguy123@gmail.com>:
> On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 1:41 PM, Andras Simon <szajmi@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
>> geeqie is what you're probably looking for. (yum search led me to it.)
>

> For future reference, what yum command sequence did you use to find it ?

yum search gqview

There's also "yum search all ...", but in this case it wasn't needed.

> Thanks !

You're welcome.

Andras

suvayu ali 10-16-2011 11:12 PM

What was gqview renamed to ?

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 10:21 PM, Andras Simon <szajmi@gmail.com> wrote:
> There's also "yum search all ...", but in this case it wasn't needed.

That searches for the phrase "all" in package names and descriptions,
that doesn't make sense to me. Did you mean `yum list all <glob>`
instead?

--
Suvayu

Andras Simon 10-17-2011 04:19 AM

What was gqview renamed to ?

2011/10/17, suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com>:
> On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 10:21 PM, Andras Simon <szajmi@gmail.com> wrote:
>> There's also "yum search all ...", but in this case it wasn't needed.
>
> That searches for the phrase "all" in package names and descriptions,
> that doesn't make sense to me. Did you mean `yum list all <glob>`
> instead?

No.

[simon@x101 ~]$ man yum
search This is used to find packages when you know something about the
package but aren't sure of it's name. By default search will try
searching just package names and summaries, but if that "fails"
it will then try descriptions and url.

Yum search orders the results so that those packages matching
more terms will appear first.

You can force searching everything by specifying "all" as the
first argument.

Though the man page is a bit confusing, because it says

* search string1 [string2] [...]

in the DESCRIPTION section.

Andras

suvayu ali 10-17-2011 07:50 AM

What was gqview renamed to ?

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 6:19 AM, Andras Simon <szajmi@gmail.com> wrote:

> * * * * * * *You can force searching everything by specifying *"all" *as *the
> * * * * * * *first argument.

I didn't know that! Thanks a lot. :)

--
Suvayu

Andras Simon 10-17-2011 11:36 PM

What was gqview renamed to ?

2011/10/17, suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 6:19 AM, Andras Simon <szajmi@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> You can force searching everything by specifying "all" as
>> the
>> first argument.
>>

> I didn't know that! Thanks a lot. :)

Me neither, until I saw yum telling me about it some time ago. After
some searches it says:

Name and summary matches only, use "search all" for everything.

Andras