Old 10-14-2011, 06:39 PM
jackson byers

Default imac on lan, printing to f14: network host '192.168.2.8' is busy, will retry in 30 seconds

I recently got help from this list and was able to print from imac on my lan
to an hp printer connected to my f14 box.

Now, yet another problem trying to print from an imac on my lan
to the same laserjet, but now used by another version of f14
[root@f14 ~]# uname -r
2.6.35.14-97.fc14.i686

this new version of f14 is one I just recently installed from downloaded iso,
using hardisk install, all of that went smoothly.
But I must have messed up the cups config somehow.

The imac sees the printer, but response is "... is busy, will retry..."

Dialog screen when clicking on the bounceing printer icon on the imac:
printer ready
connecting to printer

network host '192.168.2.8' is busy, will retry in 30 seconds
----

from lpstat on the imac:
iMacg5:~ carole$ lpstat -t
scheduler is running
system default destination: HP-LaserJet-2200
device for HP-LaserJet-2200: ipp://192.168.2.8:631/printers/HP-LaserJet-2200
HP-LaserJet-2200 accepting requests since Fri Oct 14 10:04:10 2011
printer HP-LaserJet-2200 is idle. enabled since Fri Oct 14 10:04:10 2011
Connecting to printer...
iMacg5:~ carole$

advice?
Jack