Old 10-14-2011, 04:58 PM
John Wendel

Default Yum ate my ICONS

I just used 'yum remove' to remove Gnome3 from my box, since I'm using
xfce. Seemed to work OK. But now "thundar" doesn't have any icons in its
file display. What do I need to install to get the icons back?

Thanks,

John

Old 10-14-2011, 05:16 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 09:58:44 -0700
John Wendel <jwendel10@comcast.net> wrote:

> I just used 'yum remove' to remove Gnome3 from my box, since I'm
> using xfce. Seemed to work OK. But now "thundar" doesn't have any
> icons in its file display. What do I need to install to get the
> icons back?

That would be "Thunar".

You likely want:
gnome-icon-theme-legacy

Or you can go change your icon theme in your preferences, but the other
ones don't have 100% icon coverage, so you will have some missing
icons.

kevin

Old 10-14-2011, 06:33 PM
Joe Zeff

On 10/14/2011 10:16 AM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Or you can go change your icon theme in your preferences, but the other
> ones don't have 100% icon coverage, so you will have some missing
> icons.

Or, download a new one from here:
http://xfce-look.org/?PHPSESSID=ed3149a8348969b14ac53dcc984a1ea0

Old 10-14-2011, 07:42 PM
John Wendel

I just used 'yum remove' to remove Gnome3 from my box, since I'm
using xfce. Seemed to work OK. But now "thundar" doesn't have any
icons in its file display. What do I need to install to get the
icons back?

That would be "Thunar".

You likely want:
gnome-icon-theme-legacy

Or you can go change your icon theme in your preferences, but the other
ones don't have 100% icon coverage, so you will have some missing
icons.

kevin

Thanks. I have the gnome-icon-theme-legacy package installed, yum
didn't remove it. Still no Thunar icons.

Regards,

John

Old 10-14-2011, 07:47 PM
Joe Zeff

On 10/14/2011 12:42 PM, John Wendel wrote:
> Thanks. I have the gnome-icon-theme-legacy package installed, yum didn't
> remove it. Still no Thunar icons.

Go to the XFCE help forum at http://forum.xfce.org/ and try there. One
of the core developers is a regular there if nobody else knows.

Old 10-14-2011, 08:09 PM
Michael Schwendt

On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 12:42:46 -0700, JW (John) wrote:

> On 10/14/2011 10:16 AM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 09:58:44 -0700
> > John Wendel wrote:
> >
> >> I just used 'yum remove' to remove Gnome3 from my box, since I'm
> >> using xfce. Seemed to work OK. But now "thundar" doesn't have any
> >> icons in its file display. What do I need to install to get the
> >> icons back?
> > That would be "Thunar".
> >
> > You likely want:
> > gnome-icon-theme-legacy
> >
> > Or you can go change your icon theme in your preferences, but the other
> > ones don't have 100% icon coverage, so you will have some missing
> > icons.
> >
> > kevin
> >

> Thanks. I have the gnome-icon-theme-legacy package installed, yum didn't
> remove it. Still no Thunar icons.

Have you kept /var/log/yum.log*? Check the list of "Erased" packages
for icon packages.

This is with a F-16 GNOME Shell default install:

$ rpm -qa|grep -icon|sort
fedora-icon-theme-1.0.0-11.fc15.noarch
gnome-icon-theme-3.2.0-1.fc16.noarch
gnome-icon-theme-extras-3.0.0-2.fc16.noarch
gnome-icon-theme-legacy-3.2.0-1.fc16.noarch
gnome-icon-theme-symbolic-3.2.0-1.fc16.noarch
hicolor-icon-theme-0.12-3.fc16.noarch

--
Fedora release 16 (Verne) - Linux 3.1.0-0.rc9.git0.0.fc16.x86_64
loadavg: 0.00 0.04 0.05

Old 10-15-2011, 04:37 AM
John Wendel

> On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 12:42:46 -0700, JW (John) wrote:
>
>> On 10/14/2011 10:16 AM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

>>> That would be "Thunar".
>>>
>>> You likely want:
>>> gnome-icon-theme-legacy
>>>
>>> Or you can go change your icon theme in your preferences, but the other
>>> ones don't have 100% icon coverage, so you will have some missing
>>> icons.
>>>
>>> kevin
>>>

>> Thanks. I have the gnome-icon-theme-legacy package installed, yum didn't
>> remove it. Still no Thunar icons.
> Have you kept /var/log/yum.log*? Check the list of "Erased" packages
> for icon packages.
>
> This is with a F-16 GNOME Shell default install:
>
> $ rpm -qa|grep -icon|sort
> fedora-icon-theme-1.0.0-11.fc15.noarch
> gnome-icon-theme-3.2.0-1.fc16.noarch
> gnome-icon-theme-extras-3.0.0-2.fc16.noarch
> gnome-icon-theme-legacy-3.2.0-1.fc16.noarch
> gnome-icon-theme-symbolic-3.2.0-1.fc16.noarch
> hicolor-icon-theme-0.12-3.fc16.noarch

Thanks!!! I installed all the above, and Thunar is happy again (me too).

Regards,

John

Old 10-15-2011, 03:48 PM
Mike Chambers

On Fri, 2011-10-14 at 09:58 -0700, John Wendel wrote:
> I just used 'yum remove' to remove Gnome3 from my box, since I'm using
> xfce. Seemed to work OK. But now "thundar" doesn't have any icons in its
> file display. What do I need to install to get the icons back?

Could stuff a stick down yum's throat and get them back?

LOL sorry but that subject was funny and couldn't resist.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"The best town on Earth!"