Old 10-14-2011, 04:12 PM
linux guy

Default Booting a live ISO without mounting the hard drive ?

I'm on the road, in the middle of nowhere.

I've got a hard drive issue.

I'd like to run the f15 Live ISO from a USB drive. No problem there.

I DO NOT want it to mount the hard drive. i'd like it unmounted so
that I can perform disk tests and stuff on it.

I know about rescue disks. I don't have enough bandwidth to download one.

How do i run a Live ISO so that it doesn't mount the hard drive ?

Thanks

Old 10-14-2011, 04:27 PM
Reindl Harald

Am 14.10.2011 18:12, schrieb linux guy:
> I'm on the road, in the middle of nowhere.
>
> I've got a hard drive issue.
>
> I'd like to run the f15 Live ISO from a USB drive. No problem there.
>
> I DO NOT want it to mount the hard drive. i'd like it unmounted so
> that I can perform disk tests and stuff on it.
>
> I know about rescue disks. I don't have enough bandwidth to download one.
> How do i run a Live ISO so that it doesn't mount the hard drive ?

why should a live-cd mount any hard-disk without interaction?
there is nothing to do, sipmly boot!

Old 10-14-2011, 04:48 PM
agraham

If it mounts the drive (and I'm not sure that it does), just umount it.

Old 10-14-2011, 05:04 PM
Joao Daniel

On 10/14/2011 01:12 PM, linux guy wrote:
> I'm on the road, in the middle of nowhere.
>
> I've got a hard drive issue.
>
> I'd like to run the f15 Live ISO from a USB drive. No problem there.
>
> I DO NOT want it to mount the hard drive. i'd like it unmounted so
> that I can perform disk tests and stuff on it.
>
> I know about rescue disks. I don't have enough bandwidth to download one.
>
> How do i run a Live ISO so that it doesn't mount the hard drive ?
>
> Thanks
You could press a (if you using grub) then u should pass some parameters
to kernel. Google and you will find.

Old 10-14-2011, 05:07 PM
linux guy

Thanks. I got it figured out.

Old 10-17-2011, 08:13 AM
Emilio Lopez

To make hard disk maintenance operations I prefer using Knoppix or
Slax distros. I found them lighter and easier to use.

emiliollbb