Old 10-13-2011, 08:10 PM
Geoffrey Leach

Default Any USB-connected parallel port devices in use?

My parallel-port printer is connected via a Belikin parallel-port-to-
USB connector. Worked fine in F14, completely broken in F15. Bugzilla
discussion (742398) places the blame on the driver (uss720) for those
converters, and there the problem sits.

I'm curious if there's anyone out there that has a similar setup, and
what your experience might be.

Old 10-15-2011, 07:48 PM
Mark LaPierre

On 10/13/2011 04:10 PM, Geoffrey Leach wrote:
> My parallel-port printer is connected via a Belikin parallel-port-to-
> USB connector. Worked fine in F14, completely broken in F15. Bugzilla
> discussion (742398) places the blame on the driver (uss720) for those
> converters, and there the problem sits.
>
> I'm curious if there's anyone out there that has a similar setup, and
> what your experience might be.

I tried to use a USB to parallel cable once with a new mother board that
didn't have a parallel port on board. No joy.

The I bought a parallel port IDE card. No joy there either. I ended up
reinstalling the old MB to get the printer working again.

/(_)
^ ^ Mark LaPierre
Registerd Linux user No #267004
www.counter.li.org
****
In a free world without fences, who needs gates.
**
Help Microsoft stamp out piracy - give Linux to a friend today.
**
To mess up a Linux box, you need to work at it.
To mess up an MS Windows box, you just need to *look* at it.
**
learn linux:
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/
****
--
Signature shamelessly copied from:
Jatin Khatri & geleem

Old 10-15-2011, 09:11 PM
Brian Mury

On Thu, 2011-10-13 at 13:10 -0700, Geoffrey Leach wrote:
> My parallel-port printer is connected via a Belikin parallel-port-to-
> USB connector. Worked fine in F14, completely broken in F15. Bugzilla
> discussion (742398) places the blame on the driver (uss720) for those
> converters, and there the problem sits.
>
> I'm curious if there's anyone out there that has a similar setup, and
> what your experience might be.

Not a Belkin, and may not be the same chip or driver, but I'm using one
of these: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812186125
with my HP LaserJet 5MP. I plugged it in, turned the printer on, clicked
"Add Printer" in system-config-printer, and everything "just worked".

If you want to know what's in any of my config files or log files, let
me know what you want and I'll post it.

Brian