Old 10-13-2011, 02:41 PM
Steven Hardy

Default F16 Beta - Re-use LVM2 on luks encrypted partition?

Hi,

I've tried to install the F16 beta (DVD iso on USB disk), reusing an
existing LVM layout, which is on a luks encrypted partition.

e.g:
/dev/sda1 : /boot (ext4)
/dev/sda2 : luks encrypted

single PV (luks-mapper-device from sda2), single VG, multiple LVs
containing existing (RHEL6) OS and data.

This doesn't work, it correctly prompts for the luks password, and the
anaconda storage.log indicates that it has found all of the LVM LV's,
however choosing "Create custom layout" does not list the LVM
configuration, so I can't re-use it.

It looks like an installer bug, but before I raise a BZ, can anyone
comment on this - is this expected to work, and has it worked in
previous Fedora installers?

Any information much appreciated.

Steve

Old 10-13-2011, 04:04 PM
Rahul Sundaram

On 10/13/2011 08:11 PM, Steven Hardy wrote:

> It looks like an installer bug, but before I raise a BZ, can anyone
> comment on this - is this expected to work, and has it worked in
> previous Fedora installers?

You should use the test list for posting issues about Fedora 16 since it
is a test release.

Rahul