Old 10-11-2011, 04:24 PM
mickey

Default Scanner drivers for a Epson Workforce 635

Fedora 15

Does anyone knows where I can get Scanner Drivers for a Epson Workforce 635
inkjet printer.

I found the Printer drivers for this printer online, but not the Scanner
Drivers

Old 10-11-2011, 08:48 PM
Michael Cronenworth

mickey wrote:
> Does anyone knows where I can get Scanner Drivers for a Epson Workforce 635
> inkjet printer.

Sane is the only Linux scanning project AFAIK. There's no driver to
find, compile, or install. You will either have support with sane or you
won't.

Try gnome-scan, gimp with the sane plugin, LibreOffice (aquire option),
or xsane,

Old 10-13-2011, 03:39 AM
d p

>>mickey wrote:
>> Does anyone knows where I can get Scanner Drivers for a Epson
>> Workforce 635 inkjet printer.

>Sane is the only Linux scanning project AFAIK. There's no driver to
>find, compile, or install. You will either have support with sane or
>you won't.

>Try gnome-scan, gimp with the sane plugin, LibreOffice (aquire
>option),
>or xsane,

I suppose you have found "iscan" from Epson at:

http://www.avasys.jp/lx-bin2/linux_e/scan/DL1.do

However I can't install it due to dependency problems.

DP

Old 10-13-2011, 07:19 AM
mickey

On 10/12/2011 11:39 PM, d p wrote:
>>> mickey wrote:
>>> Does anyone knows where I can get Scanner Drivers for a Epson
>>> Workforce 635 inkjet printer.
>> Sane is the only Linux scanning project AFAIK. There's no driver to
>> find, compile, or install. You will either have support with sane or
>> you won't.
>> Try gnome-scan, gimp with the sane plugin, LibreOffice (aquire
>> option),
>> or xsane,
> I suppose you have found "iscan" from Epson at:
>
> http://www.avasys.jp/lx-bin2/linux_e/scan/DL1.do
>
> However I can't install it due to dependency problems.
>
> DP

Is your dependency problem because of no libltdl3.so.3 the rpm can be
downloaded from here;

http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/1034703/dir/other/com/libltdl3-1.4.3-9sls.i586.rpm.html

I had to do a rpm -ivh --force to install iscan.i386 0:2.27.1-4