Old 10-11-2011, 01:16 AM
Ed Greshko

Default Results of the voting for the Fedora 17 release name

On 10/11/2011 09:05 AM, Jared K. Smith wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 9:02 PM, Jared K. Smith
> <jsmith@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> The voting has concluded for the Fedora 16 release name, and the
>> results are in! Thank you to the Fedora community members who made
>> name suggestions and participated in the voting.
>>
>> The Fedora 16 release name is: Beefy Miracle
> Sorry for the confusion... that's the Fedora 17 name.

OK.... But let's hope F17 isn't high in cholesterol. :-)

--
Even if you do learn to speak correct English, whom are you going to
speak it to? -- Clarence Darrow

Old 10-11-2011, 01:40 AM
Chris Kloiber

Wow...

That just sounds wrong on *SO* many levels.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:40 AM
Thomas Dineen

"Beefy Miracle"

Sounds like a new brand of dog food.

Thomas Dineen

Old 10-11-2011, 01:58 AM
Ranjan Maitra

I agree....

Old 10-11-2011, 02:41 AM
Paul Allen Newell

On 10/10/2011 06:58 PM, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
> I agree....
>
> On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 20:40:01 -0500 Chris Kloiber
> <ckloiber@ckloiber.com> wrote:
>
>> Wow...
>>
>> That just sounds wrong on *SO* many levels.

Actually, I have to believe this is a joke email .... if it is true,
then all I can wonder is if Fedora naming is under the control of 13
year olds just learning about wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

It is so wrong ... its actually a bit replusive

Old 10-11-2011, 02:43 AM
Chris Kloiber

On 10/10/2011 10:41 PM, Paul Allen Newell wrote:
> On 10/10/2011 06:58 PM, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
>> I agree....
>>
>> On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 20:40:01 -0500 Chris Kloiber
>> <ckloiber@ckloiber.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Wow...
>>>
>>> That just sounds wrong on *SO* many levels.

> Actually, I have to believe this is a joke email .... if it is true,
> then all I can wonder is if Fedora naming is under the control of 13
> year olds just learning about wink, wink, nudge, nudge.
>
> It is so wrong ... its actually a bit replusive
Queue up the "Pr0n Groove" soundtrack...

Old 10-11-2011, 02:57 AM
Michael Cronenworth

> Actually, I have to believe this is a joke email* .... if it is true,
> then all I can wonder is if Fedora naming is under the control of 13
> year olds just learning about wink, wink, nudge, nudge.
>
> It is so wrong ... its actually a bit replusive

I voted a 0 on this name. Did anyone else complaining even vote? There was low voter turnout.

Old 10-11-2011, 03:44 AM
Rohan Ferris

I gave 0 for Beefy Miracle also. Is this a joke?

Old 10-11-2011, 04:12 AM
Bruno Wolff III

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 13:44:53 +1000,
Rohan Ferris <rohan@rferris.org> wrote:
> I gave 0 for Beefy Miracle also. Is this a joke?

Sort of. "Beefy Miracle" has been an inside joke going back at least
several releases now. A number of people who like it decided to try
to get a release named after it. They just succeeded. I would have preferred
that they actually tried to get a legitimate connection from a previous
name to "Beefy Miracle", but they took a cheap short cut there that I
think takes away from the naming process.

In the end it isn't really a big deal and might end up getting extra
publicity for Fedora.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:32 AM
Chris Kloiber

On 10/10/2011 10:57 PM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> [...]

I'm not a developer, therefore no vote.

But I sure can have an opinion.

Queue the Pr0n-groove music (somewhat safe for work):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLb9jPuDS9Y