Old 10-10-2011, 05:51 PM
Rick Stevens

Default /home double-mounted in F15

This may have been discussed in some other thread, but my F15 box seems
to mount /home twice. It's listed but once in /etc/fstab, but none the
less, two identical mounts show up:

[rick@golem4 ~]# mount | grep home
/dev/mapper/vg_golem4-lv_home on /home type ext4
(rw,relatime,seclabel,user_xattr,barrier=1,stripe= 1,data=ordered)
/dev/mapper/vg_golem4-lv_home on /home type ext4
(rw,relatime,seclabel,user_xattr,barrier=1,stripe= 1,data=ordered)

Consequently things like baobab report double the disk space (e.g.
1.4TB used on a system that only has a 750G drive). Everything works
fine. I've not tried to unmount the second mount (in fact I can't
because I'm logged in and /home/rick is my home directory), but it's
disconcerting.

Ideas?

Old 10-10-2011, 06:01 PM
Rahul Sundaram

On 10/10/2011 11:21 PM, Rick Stevens wrote:
> This may have been discussed in some other thread, but my F15 box seems
> to mount /home twice. It's listed but once in /etc/fstab, but none the
> less, two identical mounts show up:

> Consequently things like baobab report double the disk space (e.g.
> 1.4TB used on a system that only has a 750G drive). Everything works
> fine. I've not tried to unmount the second mount (in fact I can't
> because I'm logged in and /home/rick is my home directory), but it's
> disconcerting.
>
> Ideas?

Do you have the sandbox service enabled and running? Stop it and check

Rahul

Old 10-10-2011, 06:11 PM
Rick Stevens

On 10/10/2011 11:01 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 10/10/2011 11:21 PM, Rick Stevens wrote:
>> This may have been discussed in some other thread, but my F15 box seems
>> to mount /home twice. It's listed but once in /etc/fstab, but none the
>> less, two identical mounts show up:
>
>> Consequently things like baobab report double the disk space (e.g.
>> 1.4TB used on a system that only has a 750G drive). Everything works
>> fine. I've not tried to unmount the second mount (in fact I can't
>> because I'm logged in and /home/rick is my home directory), but it's
>> disconcerting.
>>
>> Ideas?
>
> Do you have the sandbox service enabled and running? Stop it and check

Ah, Bingo! Thank you, Rahul. Never dawned on me that sandbox was
running. Thanks again! I'll go sit in the corner with my dunce cap on
now.