Old 10-10-2011, 12:33 PM
Nick Urbanik

Default Adobe 64-bit Flash crashing with proprietary AMD driver

Dear Folks,

On 05/10/11 14:19 +0000, Andre Robatino wrote:
>Adobe now has full 64-bit Flash support, including a 64-bit
>repo. Just go to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ , select "YUM for
>Linux (YUM)", download and install
>adobe-release-x86_64-1.0-1.noarch.rpm, and install flash-plugin from
>the repo.

I have the 64 bit version working fine on my own F15 machine, using
the free software amd driver, while I cannot get it working on my wife
and son's iMac 27 inch machines, each running F15, using the
proprietary amd driver, since the free driver doesn't work on these
displays. I have tried it with and without the wrapper, both the 32
and 64-bit versions, and have run mozilla-plugin-config -i
/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so when using the 64-bit
wrapper. It worked fine till about a week and a half ago.

The strange thing is that aboutlugins shows each configuration
apparently working fine in each combination, and a visit to
http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ has Adobe proclaiming that
the plugin is successfully installed: "You have version 11.0.152
installed". But attempts to view Youtube videos cause the browser to
freeze. This is a big use-case for my wife and son!

Is there an incompatibility between the proprietary amd driver and
version 11 flash?

Any suggestions on how to debug this?
--
Nick Urbanik http://nicku.org nicku@nicku.org