Old 10-10-2011, 12:03 PM
Daniele Guerrieri

Default Unlock SIM pin with NetworkManager

Hi,

i'm searching for a method to force unlock of sim card pin in a huawei usb hsdpa device (ZTE K3565-Z HSDPA).

The problem is this: the first time i insert it, i'm asked for the PIN with a popup dialog and so the sim gets unlocked and i can connect to it with wammu.

BUT if I suspend,hibernate or simply remove and re insert the usb huawei, sim remains locked and i'm no more prompted to insert the pin; I've tried to stop NetworkManager, kill modem-manager and restart both but it didn't. work. The only way is a complete reboot.

Does anyone know a method to force sim card unlock?

Thanks,

Daniele

Old 10-12-2011, 09:37 PM
Hiisi

On 10 October 2011 12:03, Daniele Guerrieri <d.guerrieri@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i'm searching for a method to force unlock of sim card pin in a huawei usb
> hsdpa device (ZTE K3565-Z HSDPA).
>
> The problem is this: the first time i insert it, i'm asked for the PIN with
> a popup dialog and so the sim gets unlocked and i can connect to it with
> wammu.
>
> BUT if I suspend,hibernate or simply remove and re insert the usb huawei,
> sim remains locked and i'm no more prompted to insert the pin; I've tried to
> stop NetworkManager, kill modem-manager and restart both but it didn't.
> work. The only way is a complete reboot.
>
> Does anyone know a method to force sim card unlock?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Daniele

Sorry, I don't know how to force NetworkManager to do whatever you
want it to do (I don't use it at all). But I suggest you to completely
disable pin code request. You can use minicom for that purpose or
simply send needed command directly to device. For example:
$ echo -e «AT+CPIN=0000
» > /dev/ttyUSB0
The above command will send pin code '0000' to the modem connected to
/dev/ttyUSB0.
Google is your friend here. Something you may consider to do:
http://coderstalk.blogspot.com/2008/04/howto-disable-sim-card-pin-on-wavecom.html
HTH
--
Hiisi.