Old 10-10-2011, 02:01 AM
Steve Blackwell

Default Last flash plugin update has SELinux problems

I'm still using F12 but and of course that are no more Fedora updates
but the Adobe repo still does updates. So I updated:

From my /var/log/yum.log
Oct 04 19:17:50 Updated: flash-plugin-11.0.1.152-release.i386

and then flash no longer worked. I found that I get these SELinux
security alerts:

SELinux is preventing /usr/bin/epiphany from loading
/usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so which requires text relocation.

I followed the suggested workaround:

chcon -t textrel_shlib_t '/usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so'

which "fixed" the problem. Now I'm guessing that no one is going to
spend time fixing a problem for an old release but the SE security
alert suggests it is a problem with the plugin and not with SELinux or
F12.

Is anybody with a later release having the same issue?
If so how should this be reported to Adobe. I didn't see a way to do
this on their site.

Steve

--
Changing lives one card at a time

http://www.send1cardnow.com

Old 10-10-2011, 02:11 AM
Sam Varshavchik

Steve Blackwell writes:

If so how should this be reported to Adobe. I didn't see a way to do
this on their site.

bugs.adobe.com

Try your luck there.

Old 10-10-2011, 03:17 AM
Robert Nichols

On 10/09/2011 09:01 PM, Steve Blackwell wrote:
> I'm still using F12 but and of course that are no more Fedora updates
> but the Adobe repo still does updates. So I updated:
>
> From my /var/log/yum.log
> Oct 04 19:17:50 Updated: flash-plugin-11.0.1.152-release.i386
>
> and then flash no longer worked. I found that I get these SELinux
> security alerts:
>
> SELinux is preventing /usr/bin/epiphany from loading
> /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so which requires text relocation.
>
> I followed the suggested workaround:
>
> chcon -t textrel_shlib_t '/usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so'
>
> which "fixed" the problem. Now I'm guessing that no one is going to
> spend time fixing a problem for an old release but the SE security
> alert suggests it is a problem with the plugin and not with SELinux or
> F12.
>
> Is anybody with a later release having the same issue?
> If so how should this be reported to Adobe. I didn't see a way to do
> this on their site.

Looks like it's a problem only for the 32-bit version. I'm also running
some mostly F-12 systems (some of the more vulnerable parts upgraded from
the Scientific Linux 6 repository), and needed to do the chcon only on
a 32-bit machine.

Do NOT delete it.