Old 10-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Pedro Francisco

Default Module: Option VS usbserial

Any idea why on Ubuntu my ZTE k3805-z 3G pen gets managed by the module "option" and on F15 it's managed by*cdc_ether ?
I've installed usb_modeswitch 1.1.9 on F15 so the only difference should be the kernel.

Ubuntu's kernel is 3.0.0 and F15's is 2.6.40 which, to my understanding, corresponds to the same version, minus distro's specific patches.
Ideas on why that happens?

Ideas on which is better?