Old 10-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Antonio Olivares

Default create a (wine windows exec) desktop entry to autostart

Dear folks,

I want to create an autostart entry for Gnome Desktop. When the user is logged in gkrellm automatically starts up. It has a gkrellm.desktop entry in ~/.config/autostart/gkrellm.desktop which contains:

[students@localhost ~]$ cat ~/.config/autostart/gkrellm.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Exec=/usr/bin/gkrellm
Hidden=false
X-GNOME-Autostart-enabled=true
Name[en_US]=gkrellm
Name=gkrellm
Comment[en_US]=system preformance monitoring
Comment=system preformance monitoring

I want to create a desktop entry for a virtual calculator app that uses wine that resides in ~/Desktop

the file that I want to autostart is
wine ~/Desktop/vti folder/Vti.exe

I have created a vti.desktop entry with

[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Exec=/usr/bin/wine ~/Desktop/vti folder/Vti.exe
Hidden=false
X-GNOME-Autostart-enabled=true
Name[en_US]=Vti
Name=Vti
Comment[en_US]=virtual ti calculator
Comment=virtual ti calculator

but it is not working , if I can't make it autoload, I would at least want to add it to the Favorites so that students can run it easily without turning to the command line. Suggestions/Advice/Comments are welcome and appreciated.

Regards,

Antonio