-   -   anaconda: --rootPath obsolete. Any workaround? (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/584164-anaconda-rootpath-obsolete-any-workaround.html)

Kernel Guardian 10-06-2011 03:42 AM

anaconda: --rootPath obsolete. Any workaround?

For a long time I use diskless installations of Fedora/RHEL/CentOS
with readonly root. Recently, with changes in anaconda, --rootPath is
no longer supported.
I have to many different types of installations and initial
configuration. Until now i was using kickstart files for every type of
installation.
Installation dozens of installations and copying on NFS server is
worst case scenario. During copying i do not find useful way to keep
SELinux contexts.
So far i was run anaconda from command line with --rootPath option,
and any installation was have proper contexts.
Disabling selinux on clients is almost unacceptable, but it is only solution.
I'm open for any constructive suggestion.
Anyhow i have more then 100 diskless clients in my environment. They
choose on PXE boot which type and version of installed OS like to run.
On net i couldn't find any solution.
Is there any way I could preserve contexts when copying files?
Or anaconda have undocumented option, which would be the best solution?

Regards

Daniel J Walsh 10-06-2011 01:34 PM

anaconda: --rootPath obsolete. Any workaround?