Old 10-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Richard Shaw

Default Long startup of fedora-storage-init.service

I found the following thread but I don't think mine is the same problem:

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2011-June/100861.html

I am, however, running BTRFS on main main partitions on top of LVM
(since anaconda as of F15 still creates an LVM setup regardless of
filesystem?)

This is the only thing I can think of that's causing the problem.

$ systemd-analyze blame | head
47003ms fedora-storage-init.service
30284ms boot.mount
8829ms udev-settle.service
3692ms cups.service
1686ms systemd-vconsole-setup.service
1567ms udev.service
1510ms autofs.service
1403ms fedora-readonly.service
1311ms lvm2-monitor.service
1295ms NetworkManager.service

boot.mount I assume just remounts the boot partition as read-write, so
I think it's just waiting on fedora-storage-init.service.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Richard