-   -   KVM virtual machine transfer query (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/583586-kvm-virtual-machine-transfer-query.html)

Sanjay Arora 10-04-2011 08:20 PM

KVM virtual machine transfer query

Hello all
I have a question. Can a kvm virtual machine, a linux or windows guest, generated of fedora, be transfered to a rhel machine and started? or vice versa?
Please note, I am not talking of live migration. Just transferring files generated on one OS & running on the another? And what if hardware of the machines is different?

With best regards.Sanjay.