Old 10-04-2011, 05:06 PM
"Linda McLeod"

Default I need to make an install iso of the OS the way it is after I've laboured for several hours to customized it...

Is there a link to download ALL Fedora-14 updates all at once in one
huge file..?
All I've found is a link to download each update separately...

Here's my little problem.. My PC is hit nearly every week or two by
hateful bullies.. I need to make an install iso of the OS the way it is
after I've laboured for several hours to customize it to my liking.. I
need all my peripheral programs and files to be in that install..
Please link me to a site that tells how it's done.. Ten years I've been
trying to make such an install disk, and just can't get through it.. It
makes me feel so darn stupid and small that I can't do this simple
little thing... If ever I do get it one day, I'll probably be bouncing
in my chair till it or my bum breaks... Please tell how it's done...

http://www.fastmail.fm/docs/quotes.html

Old 10-04-2011, 05:32 PM
Joe Zeff

On 10/04/2011 10:06 AM, Linda McLeod wrote:
> Is there a link to download ALL Fedora-14 updates all at once in one
> huge file..?
> All I've found is a link to download each update separately...

No, because there's no point to such a thing. When you install F14 and
run update for the first time, you get the most recent version of
everything. Doing it your way would update you step-by-step across
hundreds of updates for some of the programs, installing version after
version until you reached the present. Why do it the hard way when the
default is easier and faster?

Old 10-04-2011, 11:43 PM
John Aldrich

On Tue October 4 2011, Joe Zeff wrote:

> No, because there's no point to such a thing. When you install F14 and
> run update for the first time, you get the most recent version of
> everything. Doing it your way would update you step-by-step across
> hundreds of updates for some of the programs, installing version after
> version until you reached the present. Why do it the hard way when the
> default is easier and faster?

Agreed... just back up your config files, either on-line or to some sort of
removable media and then when you reinstall, copy the config files back over.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:06 AM
John Aldrich

On Tue October 4 2011, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 10/04/2011 10:06 AM, Linda McLeod wrote:
> > Is there a link to download ALL Fedora-14 updates all at once in one
> > huge file..?
> > All I've found is a link to download each update separately...
>
> No, because there's no point to such a thing. When you install F14 and
> run update for the first time, you get the most recent version of
> everything. Doing it your way would update you step-by-step across
> hundreds of updates for some of the programs, installing version after
> version until you reached the present. Why do it the hard way when the
> default is easier and faster?

Maybe a "kickstart" ??? I don't know anything about making those, but they
are supposed to be a way to make identical custom installations, so maybe
that would fill the bill? That and backing up the config files???

Old 10-06-2011, 06:07 AM
Joe Zeff

On 10/05/2011 07:12 PM, Linda McLeod wrote:
> I know it sounds
> stupid, but what else is there?..

You might consider finding out why you have to keep reinstalling.
Unless you're experimenting with alpha-test programs or running as root
without being careful enough you shouldn't have to reinstall at all.