Old 10-03-2011, 11:39 PM
Manuel Escudero

Default Downgrade to KDE 4.6?

Some time ago, I "upgraded" my KDE to 4.7 but it is very buggy (I'm on F15)so I want to return to KDE 4.6 is it possible? How can it be done?

Thanks!
--
Manuel EscuderoLinux User #509052
Twitter:*@Jmlevick

Blogger:*Blog*XenodePGP/GnuPG:*E2F5 12FA E1C3 FA58 CF15 *8481 B77B 00CA C1E1 0FA7Xenode Systems -*xenodesystems.com*-*"Conéctate a Tu Mundo"

Old 10-04-2011, 03:35 PM
Neal Becker

Manuel Escudero wrote:

> Some time ago, I "upgraded" my KDE to 4.7 but it is very buggy (I'm on F15)
> so I want to return to KDE 4.6 is it possible? How can it be done?
>
> Thanks!

What sort of problems do you experience?

Old 10-05-2011, 01:30 AM
Manuel Escudero

2011/10/4 Neal Becker <ndbecker2@gmail.com>

Manuel Escudero wrote:

> Some time ago, I "upgraded" my KDE to 4.7 but it is very buggy (I'm on F15)

> so I want to return to KDE 4.6 is it possible? How can it be done?

> Thanks!

What sort of problems do you experience?

Plasma "Reboot's itself" many times a day, and alsoafter 12 hours of continous work, the computer starts freezing...
In KDE 4.6 I didn't had these problems.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:36 AM
Hiisi

On 4 October 2011 03:39, Manuel Escudero <Jmlevick@gmail.com> wrote:
> Some time ago, I "upgraded" my KDE to 4.7 but it is very buggy (I'm on F15)
> so I want to return to KDE 4.6 is it possible? How can it be done?
> Thanks!

Investigate /var/log/yum.log to find out what packages related to kde
were updated recently. Then yum downgrade <package in question>
HTH
--
Hiisi.
Spandex is a privilege, not a right.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:46 PM
Rex Dieter

Hiisi wrote:

> On 4 October 2011 03:39, Manuel Escudero <Jmlevick@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Some time ago, I "upgraded" my KDE to 4.7 but it is very buggy (I'm on
>> F15) so I want to return to KDE 4.6 is it possible? How can it be done?
>> Thanks!
>>

> Investigate /var/log/yum.log to find out what packages related to kde
> were updated recently. Then yum downgrade <package in question>
> HTH

That likely won't work in this case, one reason we didn't do any official
kde-4.7 updates was that the packaging changed significantly, so downgrading
is a bit more than painless.

-- rex

Old 10-05-2011, 01:59 PM
Hiisi

On 5 October 2011 17:46, Rex Dieter <rdieter@math.unl.edu> wrote:
> Hiisi wrote:
>> Investigate /var/log/yum.log to find out what packages related to kde
>> were updated recently. Then yum downgrade <package in question>
>> HTH
>
> That likely won't work in this case, one reason we didn't do any official
> kde-4.7 updates was that the packaging changed significantly, so downgrading
> is a bit more than painless.

Oops! I didn't knew that. Personally I don't use KDE so my answer was
theoretical one.
Sorry for the mess.

Old 10-05-2011, 02:02 PM
Hiisi

On 5 October 2011 17:59, Hiisi <hiisi@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On 5 October 2011 17:46, Rex Dieter <rdieter@math.unl.edu> wrote:
>> Hiisi wrote:
>>> Investigate /var/log/yum.log to find out what packages related to kde
>>> were updated recently. Then yum downgrade <package in question>
>>> HTH
>>
>> That likely won't work in this case, one reason we didn't do any official
>> kde-4.7 updates was that the packaging changed significantly, so downgrading
>> is a bit more than painless.
>>

> Oops! I didn't knew that. Personally I don't use KDE so my answer was
> theoretical one.
> Sorry for the mess.

The OP should mention the way he did upgraded KDE installation.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:33 PM
Manuel Escudero

2011/10/5 Hiisi <hiisi@fedoraproject.org>

On 5 October 2011 17:59, Hiisi <hiisi@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On 5 October 2011 17:46, Rex Dieter <rdieter@math.unl.edu> wrote:

>> Hiisi wrote:

>>> Investigate /var/log/yum.log to find out what packages related to kde

>>> were updated recently. Then yum downgrade <package in question>

>>> HTH

>> That likely won't work in this case, one reason we didn't do any official

>> kde-4.7 updates was that the packaging changed significantly, so downgrading

>> is a bit more than painless.

> Oops! I didn't knew that. Personally I don't use KDE so my answer was

> theoretical one.

> Sorry for the mess.

The OP should mention the way he did upgraded KDE installation.

--

Hiisi.

Spandex is a privilege, not a right.

From KDE unstable repo, I activated it and updated the whole system, altough the new features arecool, I need a lil' bit more stability. If it's not possible I think I'll reinstall F15 or install F16 in the future

don't know... (Actually KDE 4.7 is more stable on F16 Alpha than on my F15 installation)