Old 10-03-2011, 09:42 PM
Dokuro

Default installing a printer...

hello all, and thanks for Fedora 15 with Gnome3

now my problem, i have an HP printer and on installation it asks for this file

hplip-libs-3.11.3a-1.fc15.i686 requires hplip-common = 3.11.3a-1.fc15

however i have this versions
hplip-libs-3.11.7-2fc15
hplip-common-3.11.7-2fc15

I asume mine are higher but alas i cannot install the printer..

any ideas ?

--
OS: http://fedoraproject.org/es/ - http://www.linuxmint.com/
Graficos: http://www.blender.org - http://www.gimp.org

Old 10-04-2011, 08:25 AM
Tim Waugh

On Mon, 2011-10-03 at 17:12 -0430, Dokuro wrote:
> hello all, and thanks for Fedora 15 with Gnome3
>
> now my problem, i have an HP printer and on installation it asks for this file
>
> hplip-libs-3.11.3a-1.fc15.i686 requires hplip-common = 3.11.3a-1.fc15
>
> however i have this versions
> hplip-libs-3.11.7-2fc15
> hplip-common-3.11.7-2fc15
>
> I asume mine are higher but alas i cannot install the printer..

Could you please report a bug about this using Bugzilla? If you aren't
sure what the correct component is, choose e.g. "cups" and I'll take a
look and direct it appropriately.

Thanks,
Tim.
*/

Old 10-04-2011, 04:10 PM

On 10/03/2011 09:42 PM, Dokuro wrote:
> hello all, and thanks for Fedora 15 with Gnome3
>
> now my problem, i have an HP printer and on installation it asks for this
> file
>
> hplip-libs-3.11.3a-1.fc15.i686 requires hplip-common = 3.11.3a-1.fc15
>
> however i have this versions hplip-libs-3.11.7-2fc15
> hplip-common-3.11.7-2fc15
>
> I asume mine are higher but alas i cannot install the printer..
>
> any ideas ?

nothing solid. a swag might be;

ln -s /pathsto/hplip-*-3.11.7-2fc15 /pathsto/hplip-*-3.11.3a-1.fc15

--

peace out.

tc.hago,

.