Old 10-03-2011, 08:03 PM
Joe Zeff

Default Blank SELinux alerts

On 10/03/2011 12:34 PM, Hiisi wrote:
> Have you rebooted/restarted auditd since that?

I only reboot for kernel updates and didn't know auditd would need
restarting. I've just tried it and will report back if it works or doesn't.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:16 PM
Daniel J Walsh

Old 10-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Joe Zeff

On 10/03/2011 01:16 PM, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> Seems like you got a screwed up database. You might want to delete
> the xml files in /var/lib/setroubleshoot.
>
> killall -Z setroubleshootd_t
>> > /var/lib/setroubleshoot/setroubleshoot_database.xml
> Should clear the database

If restarting auditd doesn't work, I'll try that next. Will I need to
restart auditd again after doing that?

Old 10-03-2011, 10:20 PM
Joe Zeff

On 10/03/2011 01:16 PM, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> It should not require a reboot.
>
> Seems like you got a screwed up database. You might want to delete
> the xml files in /var/lib/setroubleshoot.
>
> killall -Z setroubleshootd_t
>> > /var/lib/setroubleshoot/setroubleshoot_database.xml
> Should clear the database

Restarting auditd didn't work. Trying your suggestion:

[root@khorlia Desktop]# killall -Z setroubleshootd_t
/var/lib/setroubleshoot/setroubleshoot_database.xml
/var/lib/setroubleshoot/setroubleshoot_database.xml: no process found

I've tried renaming the .xml to .xml.bak and restarting auditd. Will
report as needed.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:27 PM
Joe Zeff

On 10/03/2011 01:16 PM, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> Should clear the database

It didn't take long to find out that this trick didn't work either. Oh
well...

Old 10-04-2011, 03:11 PM
Daniel J Walsh