Old 10-03-2011, 07:22 PM
Joe Zeff

Default Blank SELinux alerts

For the last six years, I've been running BOINC on my computer and
participating in various WCG projects starting with Folding@Home as well
as Einstein@Home. Recently, a badly-written project started spewing
SELinux alerts because it was trying to walk various directories in
/proc where it has no business being. (BOINC runs in permissive mode; I
get the alerts, but the actions are allowed.) The only way to stop this
was to abort the unit and, eventually, unselect the project completely.

Just before I did that, I accidentally opened the troubleshooter twice.
Before I could deal with the first instance, it closed and a second
window opened, blank. Since then, I've been getting several alerts a
day, but whenever I click on the icon, there are no alerts showing.
I've reported this to fedoraforum.org, but so far, no response. Does
anybody here know what file/files sealert is looking at that might be
corrupted?

Old 10-03-2011, 07:34 PM
Hiisi

On 3 October 2011 19:22, Joe Zeff <joe@zeff.us> wrote:
> Just before I did that, I accidentally opened the troubleshooter twice.
> *Before I could deal with the first instance, it closed and a second
> window opened, blank. *Since then, I've been getting several alerts a
> day, but whenever I click on the icon, there are no alerts showing.
> I've reported this to fedoraforum.org, but so far, no response. *Does
> anybody here know what file/files sealert is looking at that might be
> corrupted?

Have you rebooted/restarted auditd since that?
--
Hiisi.
Spandex is a privilege, not a right.