Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Fedora User (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/)
-   -   thunar instead of nautilus problem (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/582959-thunar-instead-nautilus-problem.html)

Leonardo 10-03-2011 02:05 PM

thunar instead of nautilus problem
 
hello everyone.

I've installed XFCE and it works ok. But sometimes i go back to GNOME
and firefox keeps opening thunar instead of nautilus when i'm not on
XFCE.

Is there any way to make firefox open (open folder option) nautilus
when in GNOME and thunar when in XFCE? If not, where can i revert the
configuration?

thanks in advance.
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines

Hiisi 10-03-2011 05:53 PM

thunar instead of nautilus problem
 
On 3 October 2011 14:05, Leonardo <sombriks@gmail.com> wrote:
> hello everyone.
>
> I've installed XFCE and it works ok. But sometimes i go back to GNOME
> and firefox keeps opening thunar instead of nautilus when i'm not on
> XFCE.
>
> Is there any way to make firefox open (open folder option) nautilus
> when in GNOME and thunar when in XFCE? If not, where can i revert the
> configuration?
>

What if you start nautilus just before doing anything with firefox and
close it maybe. Will firefox open nautilus instead thunar?

> thanks in advance.
HTH
--
Hiisi.
Registered Linux User #487982. Be counted at: http://counter.li.org/
--
Spandex is a privilege, not a right.
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines

Leonardo 10-03-2011 06:01 PM

thunar instead of nautilus problem
 
hello and thanks for the response,

no effect, i just restarted machine, logged in GNOME, opened nautilus,
closed it, opened firefox, saved some random file, choose open folder
option... then thunar instead nautilus.

the problem seems related to something else.

2011/10/3 Hiisi <hiisi@fedoraproject.org>:
> On 3 October 2011 14:05, Leonardo <sombriks@gmail.com> wrote:
>> hello everyone.
>>
>> I've installed XFCE and it works ok. But sometimes i go back to GNOME
>> and firefox keeps opening thunar instead of nautilus when i'm not on
>> XFCE.
>>
>> Is there any way to make firefox open (open folder option) nautilus
>> when in GNOME and thunar when in XFCE? If not, where can i revert the
>> configuration?
>>
>
> What if you start nautilus just before doing anything with firefox and
> close it maybe. Will firefox open nautilus instead thunar?
>
>> thanks in advance.
> HTH
> --
> Hiisi.
> Registered Linux User #487982. Be counted at: http://counter.li.org/
> --
> Spandex is a privilege, not a right.
> --
> users mailing list
> users@lists.fedoraproject.org
> To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
> Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
>
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines

Hiisi 10-03-2011 06:08 PM

thunar instead of nautilus problem
 
On 3 October 2011 18:01, Leonardo <sombriks@gmail.com> wrote:
> hello and thanks for the response,
>
> no effect, i just restarted machine, logged in GNOME, opened nautilus,
> closed it, opened firefox, saved some random file, choose open folder
> option... then thunar instead nautilus.
>
> the problem seems related to something else.
>

Well, at least you could provide list with additional information.
I.e. gnome/fedora/firefox version.
--
Hiisi.
Registered Linux User #487982. Be counted at: http://counter.li.org/
--
Spandex is a privilege, not a right.
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines

Leonardo 10-03-2011 06:20 PM

thunar instead of nautilus problem
 
Hello again,


my mistake, i'm using an up-to-date Fedora 15, firefox 7.

installed XFCE like two weeks ago and both runs fine, it's just this small issue that i got when back to GNOME.



On Oct 3, 2011 3:08 PM, "Hiisi" <hiisi@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

>

> On 3 October 2011 18:01, Leonardo <sombriks@gmail.com> wrote:

> > hello and thanks for the response,

> >

> > no effect, i just restarted machine, logged in GNOME, opened nautilus,

> > closed it, opened firefox, saved some random file, choose open folder

> > option... then thunar instead nautilus.

> >

> > the problem seems related to something else.

> >

>

> Well, at least you could provide list with additional information.

> I.e. gnome/fedora/firefox version.

> --

> Hiisi.

> Registered Linux User #487982. Be counted at: http://counter.li.org/

> --

> Spandex is a privilege, not a right.

> --

> users mailing list

> users@lists.fedoraproject.org

> To unsubscribe or change subscription options:

> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users

> Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines



--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines

Rick Stevens 10-03-2011 08:10 PM

thunar instead of nautilus problem
 
On 10/03/2011 11:20 AM, Leonardo wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> my mistake, i'm using an up-to-date Fedora 15, firefox 7.
> installed XFCE like two weeks ago and both runs fine, it's just this small
> issue that i got when back to GNOME.

You probably set your file manager preferences to Thunar instead of
Nautilus. In XFCE, go to

Applications Menu
Preferences
Preferred Applications

then select the "Utilities" tab and select "Nautilus" in the File
Manager dropdown. I'm not sure where that's buried in the compost pile
known as Gnome 3 now.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer, C2 Hosting ricks@nerd.com -
- AIM/Skype: therps2 ICQ: 22643734 Yahoo: origrps2 -
- -
- Silence! Or I shall replace you with a very small shell script! -
- - The Wizard of OS -
----------------------------------------------------------------------
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines

Leonardo 10-03-2011 08:29 PM

thunar instead of nautilus problem
 
Hello and thanks for the response!

this solves the problem in GNOME with the smaller and acceptable
effect to have nautilus inside xfce, thanks for the help. I didn't
find any similar to this screen configuration on GNOME, but adjusting
via XFCE solves the problem.

2011/10/3 Rick Stevens <ricks@nerd.com>:
> On 10/03/2011 11:20 AM, Leonardo wrote:
>> Hello again,
>>
>> my mistake, i'm using an up-to-date Fedora 15, firefox 7.
>> installed XFCE like two weeks ago and both runs fine, it's just this small
>> issue that i got when back to GNOME.
>
> You probably set your file manager preferences to Thunar instead of
> Nautilus. *In XFCE, go to
>
> * * * *Applications Menu
> * * * * * * * *Preferences
> * * * * * * * * * * * *Preferred Applications
>
> then select the "Utilities" tab and select "Nautilus" in the File
> Manager dropdown. *I'm not sure where that's buried in the compost pile
> known as Gnome 3 now.
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> - Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer, C2 Hosting * * * * *ricks@nerd.com -
> - AIM/Skype: therps2 * * * *ICQ: 22643734 * * * * * *Yahoo: origrps2 -
> - * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *-
> - *Silence! *Or I shall replace you with a very small shell script! *-
> - * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *- The Wizard of OS *-
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> --
> users mailing list
> users@lists.fedoraproject.org
> To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
> Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
>
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines

Rick Stevens 10-03-2011 11:48 PM

thunar instead of nautilus problem
 
On 10/03/2011 01:29 PM, Leonardo wrote:
> Hello and thanks for the response!
>
> this solves the problem in GNOME with the smaller and acceptable
> effect to have nautilus inside xfce, thanks for the help. I didn't
> find any similar to this screen configuration on GNOME, but adjusting
> via XFCE solves the problem.

I'm sure it's buried somewhere in Gnome3 (don't wanna look for it), but
glad this little work-around does it for you.

>
> 2011/10/3 Rick Stevens <ricks@nerd.com>:
>> On 10/03/2011 11:20 AM, Leonardo wrote:
>>> Hello again,
>>>
>>> my mistake, i'm using an up-to-date Fedora 15, firefox 7.
>>> installed XFCE like two weeks ago and both runs fine, it's just this small
>>> issue that i got when back to GNOME.
>>
>> You probably set your file manager preferences to Thunar instead of
>> Nautilus. In XFCE, go to
>>
>> Applications Menu
>> Preferences
>> Preferred Applications
>>
>> then select the "Utilities" tab and select "Nautilus" in the File
>> Manager dropdown. I'm not sure where that's buried in the compost pile
>> known as Gnome 3 now.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer, C2 Hosting ricks@nerd.com -
- AIM/Skype: therps2 ICQ: 22643734 Yahoo: origrps2 -
- -
- Millihelen, adj: The amount of beauty required to launch one ship. -
----------------------------------------------------------------------
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines

Beartooth 10-06-2011 05:36 PM

thunar instead of nautilus problem
 
On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 11:05:48 -0300, Leonardo wrote:

> hello everyone.
>
> I've installed XFCE and it works ok. But sometimes i go back to GNOME
> and firefox keeps opening thunar instead of nautilus when i'm not on
> XFCE.

I know I'm late to the fair, but couldn't you just run your gnome
app(s) in xfce? (You may first have to command "yum install <gnome-
terminal>" or whatever.)

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Not Quite Clueless Power User
I have precious (very precious!) little idea where up is.


--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines

Leonardo 10-06-2011 06:18 PM

thunar instead of nautilus problem
 
Hello,

2011/10/6 Beartooth <beartooth@comcast.net>:
> (...)
> * * * *I know I'm late to the fair, but couldn't you just run your gnome
> app(s) in xfce? (You may first have to command "yum install <gnome-
> terminal>" or whatever.)
(...)

Actually i was using XFCE normally but i decided to use gnome-shell
again. It happens times to times, ;)
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:34 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.