Old 10-03-2011, 09:04 AM
Sanjay Arora

Default Printing from new PC without LPT/Serial port to Dot Matrix Printer on Smb Share

Hello all
I am trying to cnfigure LPD/LPR or any other raw printing method (non-cups) to print from a Fedora 15 machine that does not have a serial or parallel port.*
While I can create the SMB printer from the Printers GUI screen, it does not get enabled or even print a test page. I think the issue is that the software prints to a device that does not exist. I think I need to create a device file & redirect it to the smb share or something similar....but maybe I'm wrong.

Can someone please tell me what to do, to enable printing to a non-existant lpt1, which is redirected to a remote windows machine having a shared dot matrix printer.
With best regards & thanks.
Sanjay.