Old 10-03-2011, 09:00 AM
Tim Waugh

Default ?? on Printer Setup in F15

On Sun, 2011-10-02 at 12:24 -0400, mickey wrote:
> F15 , If the printer driver is in the cups setup, When I turn my printer
> ON will it be Auto Detected or do I have to go in and config. it ??

When you connect a USB printer, an attempt will be made to configure a
queue for it automatically (i.e. no user interaction).

If the system determines that extra driver packages are required in
order to do this, it will attempt to install them (which *will* require
user interaction).

Does that answer your question?

Tim.
*/

Old 10-03-2011, 04:56 PM
mickey

F15 , If the printer driver is in the cups setup, When I turn my printer
ON will it be Auto Detected or do I have to go in and config. it ??

When you connect a USB printer, an attempt will be made to configure a
queue for it automatically (i.e. no user interaction).

If the system determines that extra driver packages are required in
order to do this, it will attempt to install them (which *will* require
user interaction).

Does that answer your question?

Tim.
*/