Old 03-18-2008, 07:06 PM
Jim

Default Default Applications Settings

F8, KDE

Where is the file that has default application settings ?
For instance if I want to play a video .wmv file in a email, what-where
is the file that has default application setting for playing that
.wmv file .
I want to be able to set to the default application I want to play that
video.

Old 03-18-2008, 07:28 PM
Rex Dieter

Jim wrote:

> F8, KDE
>
> Where is the file that has default application settings ?
> For instance if I want to play a video .wmv file in a email, what-where
> is the file that has default application setting for playing that
> .wmv file .
> I want to be able to set to the default application I want to play that
> video.

Normally you set that in the GUI,
KControl -> KDE Components -> File Associations
but the nitty gritty is stored in
~/.kde/share/config/profilerc

-- Rex