Old 10-02-2011, 10:46 PM
"Robert G. (Doc) Savage"

Default Looking for Live-multi.iso generation script

At about this time last year an enterprising group released the
Fedora-14-Live-multi.iso. With a little tweaking I was able to install
this 5.2GB iso image onto a bootable 8GB thumb drive. That and a Helix3
forensic thumb drive were "must haves" in my toolkit.

The Live-multi effort seems to have gone silent. There was no Fedora 15
edition. Has their generation script been published anywhere so I can
roll my own Fedora-16-Live-multi.iso image?

--Doc Savage
Fairview Heights, IL

Old 10-03-2011, 12:41 AM
Shiv Manas

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 11:46 AM, Robert G. (Doc) Savage
<dsavage@peaknet.net> wrote:
> At about this time last year an enterprising group released the
> Fedora-14-Live-multi.iso. With a little tweaking I was able to install
> this 5.2GB iso image onto a bootable 8GB thumb drive. That and a Helix3
> forensic thumb drive were "must haves" in my toolkit.
>
> The Live-multi effort seems to have gone silent. There was no Fedora 15
> edition. Has their generation script been published anywhere so I can
> roll my own Fedora-16-Live-multi.iso image?
>
> --Doc Savage
> *Fairview Heights, IL

You can make your own multi-fedora or even a multi-distro USB quite
easily. Just make a different directory for each distro, and then
create or edit a menu file for booting a distro and add the live_dir
and root=live:LABEL kernel parameters.

Here's an excerpt from my multi-distro syslinux.cfg:

label f15live
menu label ^Fedora 15 32bits Live
kernel /fedora/isolinux/vmlinuz0
append initrd=/fedora/isolinux/initrd0.img root=live:LABEL=MULTIBOOT
live_dir=/fedora/LiveOS rootfstype=auto ro liveimg quiet rhgb
rd_NO_LUKS rd_NO_MD rd_NO_DM

(Credit goes to Lance from pendrivelinux.com)

HTH

- Shiv

Old 10-03-2011, 01:07 AM
inode0

On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 5:46 PM, Robert G. (Doc) Savage
<dsavage@peaknet.net> wrote:
> At about this time last year an enterprising group released the
> Fedora-14-Live-multi.iso. With a little tweaking I was able to install
> this 5.2GB iso image onto a bootable 8GB thumb drive. That and a Helix3
> forensic thumb drive were "must haves" in my toolkit.
>
> The Live-multi effort seems to have gone silent. There was no Fedora 15
> edition. Has their generation script been published anywhere so I can
> roll my own Fedora-16-Live-multi.iso image?

We actually pressed the live multi for F15 and distributed them
worldwide. The media is available here.

http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/releases/15/Multi/

This link may have some useful information regarding the process used
to create them.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Multi_Boot_Media_SOP

John

Old 10-03-2011, 07:54 AM
Raphael Groner

You could also ask at the spins mailing list.