Old 10-02-2011, 04:24 PM
mickey

Default ?? on Printer Setup in F15

F15 , If the printer driver is in the cups setup, When I turn my printer
ON will it be Auto Detected or do I have to go in and config. it ??

Old 10-02-2011, 05:25 PM

On 10/02/2011 04:24 PM, mickey wrote:
> F15 , If the printer driver is in the cups setup, When I turn my printer
> ON will it be Auto Detected or do I have to go in and config. it ??

it should.

if i recall correctly, [has been awhile, my printers are already set up,
so i can not run 'find'], connect and turn on printer, in a web browser,
enter in url bar;

http://localhost:631/

below 'Welcome', you will see "Manage Server", a center click on it will
bring up a new tab;

http://localhost:631/admin

under "Printers", you will see "Find New Printers", a left click on it
will bring up page;

http://localhost:631/admin?op=find-new-printers

printer will/should show up.

if not, close tab to return to;

http://localhost:631/

a center click on "Add Printer" will bring up new page;

http://localhost:631/admin?OP=add-printer

rest is intuitive.

/*note* i am suggesting 'center click' to prevent having to 'back page' to
return to start page.
*eton*/

hth.
--