Old 02-18-2008, 12:43 PM

Default Network services clashing

On Sat, 2008-02-16 at 09:40 -0500, arunbkn@aol.in wrote:

> I have tried it again, as soon as I start 'NetworkManager' and

> 'NetworkManagerDispatcher' my network notwork. I stop them reboot,

> network start working.

> I am using FC8 and I don't have DHCP server on my network.

That could be a problem, but there are ways to manage that. Such as

installing one, or using one of the zero conf systems (like avahi) to

self-assign random IP addresses.

> Is the services clashes with each other ??? which one(s)??

"network" versus the NetworkManager... ones.

Send us the output from:

chkconfig --list

So we can see what services you have set up.

important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.

/////

[root@itqs-arun arun]# chkconfig -list

bash: chkconfig: command not found

But is is very much clear to me that there is a clash of services.

As soon as I start 'NetworkManager' and 'NetworkManagerDispatcher' my network notwork.

Is there any way to find out which are clashing ??

Arun

You are invited to Get a Free AOL Email ID. Click here.