Old 10-01-2011, 08:41 AM
jinwei

Default Unable to connect to the Internet through wireless

first sorry about my poor English ! i try my best to explain my problem
clearly!
i use the broadcom4312(14e4 4315) 802.11b/g wireless adapter
i have compiled the source code from the broadcom's official website
acroding to their help file(read me)!
Now the mod is loaded & i can see the wifi
but the problem is i can not access to any wifi,instead,it always
show"be accessing to"& a few seconds later,failed!
Dose anyone happen to the same situation before? Help Me!

Old 10-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Bruno Wolff III

On Sat, Oct 01, 2011 at 16:41:17 +0800,
jinwei <jinwei0930@gmail.com> wrote:
> first sorry about my poor English ! i try my best to explain my problem
> clearly!
> i use the broadcom4312(14e4 4315) 802.11b/g wireless adapter
> i have compiled the source code from the broadcom's official website
> acroding to their help file(read me)!
> Now the mod is loaded & i can see the wifi
> but the problem is i can not access to any wifi,instead,it always
> show"be accessing to"& a few seconds later,failed!
> Dose anyone happen to the same situation before? Help Me!

I am pretty sure the normal kernel driver supports 4312s. (kernel.org
is still out, so I can't easily double check this right now.)
I am not sure if the open firmware supplied by Fedora will work in
4312s though. The site's web page doesn't specifically claim to work
with that model.

So at worst, you should be able to get a copy of needed firmware (Broadcom's
firmware is not redistributable) and not mess with the driver. There are
instructions on how to get a copy of Broadcom's firmware here:
http://fedoramobile.org/fc-wireless/bcm43xx-yum-extras

Old 10-01-2011, 05:26 PM
"Raphael Groner"

In-Reply-To=<4E86D22D.5060205@gmail.com>

I quick usage of one of my favorite search engines with both key words "broadcom4312" and "fedora" showed up easily the following link that describes a way with only 3 steps to get it to work for Fedora 11. Since the howto was written for F11, I don't know if it is still the way for newer Fedoras.

Step #1
[root@fedora ~]$ yum install broadcom-wl *wl-kmod

Step #2
Reboot

Step #3
[root@fedora ~]$ system-config-network

And add a new wireless device wlan0 or whatever you want by filling the required fields properly. If you want the device to be managed by NetworkManager, you can do so while editing the device you just added.
Activate the device. And you are on wifi*
Stolen from
http://gofedora.com/how-to-wireless-lan-broadcom-bcm4312-fedora-11/

Maybe you need to load a closed-source / ugly firmware? Did you try to ping your router or another PC in your local network? To see if it is a problem of your network or the connection to the internet via your ISP.