-   -   I find FireFox is Fedora's biggest security flaw.. (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/582263-i-find-firefox-fedoras-biggest-security-flaw.html)

Joe Zeff 10-01-2011 07:28 AM

On 09/30/2011 09:53 PM, Linda McLeod wrote:
> Please tell: What be the most secure browser for Linux Fedora?..

Lynx?

Frank Murphy 10-01-2011 07:47 AM

On 01/10/11 05:53, Linda McLeod wrote:

> I find FireFox is Fedora's biggest security flaw.. FF is way too easy
> to hack and crack
> by demon-bullies to get into to mess-up the browser...

> Please tell: What be the most secure browser for Linux Fedora?.. Is
> there such a thing as a "secure browser"..?

Yes, when your pc is plugged oot,
and you have no communication with the outside world.

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded
Friend of fedoraproject.org

Bruno Wolff III 10-01-2011 12:31 PM

I find FireFox is Fedora's biggest security flaw..

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 21:53:23 -0700,
Linda McLeod <lindavaldeen@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> Please tell: What be the most secure browser for Linux Fedora?.. Is
> there such a thing as a "secure browser"..?

Probably telnet. It's not very user friendly though.

> Have you got any ideas when Mozilla might make FF reasonably secure..?

Browsers tend to be very complicated peices of software that allow remote
sites to do a lot of potential privacy violating functions. This makes
it hard to get things right from a design perspective in addition to
mundane code bugs.

Fernando Cassia 10-01-2011 01:42 PM

On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 01:53, Linda McLeod <lindavaldeen@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> FF is way too easy
> to hack and crack
> by demon-bullies to get into to mess-up the browser...

I suggest you run internet explorer 6, under wine. That is secure.

FC

Heinz Diehl 10-01-2011 02:10 PM

On 01.10.2011, Linda McLeod wrote:

> I find FireFox is Fedora's biggest security flaw.. FF is way too easy
> to hack and crack by demon-bullies to get into to mess-up the browser...

Well, I refuse to take this one unless you provide clear evidence for
your point of view.

g 10-01-2011 02:41 PM

On 10/01/2011 04:53 AM, Linda McLeod wrote:
> I find FireFox is Fedora's biggest security flaw.. FF is way too easy
> to hack and crack by demon-bullies to get into to mess-up the browser...

considering the cost of mozilla software and that it is your choice to]
install them, and fact that mozilla seems to be announcing flaws before
they are exploited, it may well be your fault in not updating when alert
notices are released.

> Please tell: What be the most secure browser for Linux Fedora?.. Is
> there such a thing as a "secure browser"..?

instead of a secure browser, why not have a secure system? like SELinux?

> Have you got any ideas when Mozilla might make FF reasonably secure..?

i have always considered firefox to be reasonably secure. as reasonably
secure as anything else in linux.

if you think firefox or linux are not secure, install vista or win7 and wait
for ms to get around to building a service pack to correct security flaws.

> How do I get you and/or Mozilla to link to my PC to tap into my OS to
> catch a glimpse of the damage and entries the kooks do to FF in my
> Fedora-14 OS hd..?

if you do not know how, then i can only surmise that you do not know how
to make you system secure and any problems you are having are mainly your
fault for not knowing what to do.

i can not speak for all the others using mozilla software, but, for myself,
and those i do know that use linux and mozilla, we do not have any problems.

so, give these consideration before you try 'passing the buck';

man selinux or info selinux

these links;

http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html-single/Security-Enhanced_Linux/index.html#sect-Security-Enhanced_Linux-Working_with_SELinux-SELinux_Packages
http://www.engardelinux.org/modules/index/list_archives.cgi?list=fedora-selinux&page=0054.html&month=2008-06
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/13/html/SELinux_FAQ/
http://www.archive.org/details/Txlf-SelinuxForMereMortals
http://prefetch.net/blog/index.php/2010/11/02/configuring-a-linux-nfs-server-in-a-selinux-managed-environment/

if that is not enough for you, try;

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22selinux%22&hl=en&num=100&lr=&ft=i&cr=& safe=images&tbs=

so remember this, first line of security is up to the system administrator.

--

peace out.

tc.hago,

.

****
**
**
**
So I installed Linux.
**
learn linux:
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/
****

Steven Stern 10-01-2011 02:41 PM

On 09/30/2011 11:53 PM, Linda McLeod wrote:

> I find FireFox is Fedora's biggest security flaw.. FF is way too easy
> to hack and crack
> by demon-bullies to get into to mess-up the browser...

Sounds like something bad happened to you. We tend to be fairly smug
about web pages because we're using Linux. Can you give us some
details about what happened and how you think it happened?

--
-- Steve