Old 02-18-2008, 11:55 AM
"Valent Turkovic"

Default how to install kscreenshot ?

Hi,
I can't find kde screenshot aplication in any fedora package. Any
ideas why? How can I install kscreenshot ?

Thank you,
Valent.

$ yum search screenshot
Setting up and reading Presto delta metadata
No Presto metadata available for livna
No Presto metadata available for fedora
No Presto metadata available for adobe-linux-i386
No Presto metadata available for updates
vnstat.i386 : Console-based network traffic monitor
kompose.i386 : Provides a full screen view of all open windows
xfce4-screenshooter-plugin.i386 : Screenshot utility for the Xfce panel
gnome-web-photo.i386 : HTML pages thumbnailer
adanaxisgpl.i386 : Action game in four spatial dimensions
kipi-plugins.i386 : Plugins to use with Kipi
amora.i386 : A mobile remote assistant
gnome-web-photo.i386 : HTML pages thumbnailer
kadu-screenshot.i386 : Screenshot module for Kadu
artwiz-aleczapka-fonts.noarch : Set of (improved) artwiz fonts
kipi-plugins.i386 : Plugins to use with Kipi
kipi-plugins.i386 : Plugins to use with Kipi

$ yum search kscreenshot
Setting up and reading Presto delta metadata
No Presto metadata available for livna
No Presto metadata available for fedora
No Presto metadata available for adobe-linux-i386
No Presto metadata available for updates
No Matches found
[valentt@valent ~]$ yum whatprovides kscreenshot

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic

Old 02-18-2008, 12:00 PM
Sebastian Vahl

Am Mo 18.Februar 2008 schrieb Valent Turkovic:
> Hi,
> I can't find kde screenshot aplication in any fedora package. Any
> ideas why? How can I install kscreenshot ?

The name of KDE's screenshot application is "ksnapshot" which is in the
package kdegraphics. So:

# yum install kdegraphics

Sebastian

Old 02-18-2008, 12:01 PM
"Valent Turkovic"

On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 1:55 PM, Valent Turkovic
<valent.turkovic@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I can't find kde screenshot aplication in any fedora package. Any
> ideas why? How can I install kscreenshot ?
>
> Thank you,
> Valent.
>
> $ yum search screenshot
> Setting up and reading Presto delta metadata
> No Presto metadata available for livna
> No Presto metadata available for fedora
> No Presto metadata available for adobe-linux-i386
> No Presto metadata available for updates
> vnstat.i386 : Console-based network traffic monitor
> kompose.i386 : Provides a full screen view of all open windows
> xfce4-screenshooter-plugin.i386 : Screenshot utility for the Xfce panel
> gnome-web-photo.i386 : HTML pages thumbnailer
> adanaxisgpl.i386 : Action game in four spatial dimensions
> kipi-plugins.i386 : Plugins to use with Kipi
> amora.i386 : A mobile remote assistant
> gnome-web-photo.i386 : HTML pages thumbnailer
> kadu-screenshot.i386 : Screenshot module for Kadu
> artwiz-aleczapka-fonts.noarch : Set of (improved) artwiz fonts
> kipi-plugins.i386 : Plugins to use with Kipi
> kipi-plugins.i386 : Plugins to use with Kipi
>

> $ yum search kscreenshot
> Setting up and reading Presto delta metadata
> No Presto metadata available for livna
> No Presto metadata available for fedora
> No Presto metadata available for adobe-linux-i386
> No Presto metadata available for updates
> No Matches found
> [valentt@valent ~]$ yum whatprovides kscreenshot
> Setting up and reading Presto delta metadata
> No Presto metadata available for livna
> No Presto metadata available for fedora
>
> $ yum whatprovides kscreenshot
> Setting up and reading Presto delta metadata
> No Presto metadata available for livna
> No Presto metadata available for fedora
> No Presto metadata available for adobe-linux-i386
> No Presto metadata available for updates
> No Matches found
>

> --
> http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
> linux, blog, anime, spirituality, windsurf, wireless
> registered as user #367004 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org.
> ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic

ps. I have kdebase installed:

Package kdebase - 6:3.5.8-32.fc8.i386 is already installed.

"locate -i kscreenshot" also finds nothing.

Old 02-18-2008, 12:06 PM
"Valent Turkovic"

2008/2/18 Sebastian Vahl <ml@deadbabylon.de>:
> Am Mo 18.Februar 2008 schrieb Valent Turkovic:
>
> > Hi,
> > I can't find kde screenshot aplication in any fedora package. Any
> > ideas why? How can I install kscreenshot ?
> >

> The name of KDE's screenshot application is "ksnapshot" which is in the
> package kdegraphics. So:
>
> # yum install kdegraphics
>
> Sebastian

Thanks. Strange how yum doesn't find it when searching for screenshot
which is the first word that comes to my mind. I also typed screenshot
in deskbar and it also failed to find ksnapshot although it was
installed on my system.

Valent.

Old 02-18-2008, 12:10 PM
"Valent Turkovic"

> > The name of KDE's screenshot application is "ksnapshot" which is in the
> > package kdegraphics. So:

the strange thing is that when I googled for "kscreenshot" I got lots
of hits - strange

ksnapshot sounds like photo app not screen capture app... but nevermind.

Old 02-18-2008, 12:29 PM
Nancy Merckle

Valent Turkovic wrote:

> The name of KDE's screenshot application is "ksnapshot" which is in the
> package kdegraphics. So:

the strange thing is that when I googled for "kscreenshot" I got lots
of hits - strange

ksnapshot sounds like photo app not screen capture app... but nevermind.

Don't know if this helps, but in Windows, print screen saves the desk
top into memory so that you can paste into a graphics package.
Alt-print screen saves the window. I needed to capture a window on my
FC5 box, and it worked there as well.

Nancy