Old 10-01-2011, 04:04 AM
"Linda McLeod"

Default If "DBAN" was one of the Fedora install-disk options...

My IP and OS are a vandalism target of mindless childish hellbound kooks
hellbent on causing me grief to appease their delusions that I'm in any
ways like them, and that I might somehow want to help them solve their
useless bullyish lives.. is why I find it best to "DBAN" compromised
OS's, to make hd's totally clean for new installs...

It would be Saweet if "DBAN" was one of the Fedora install-disk
options...

http://www.google.ca/search?sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&site=&source=hp&q=dban&btnK=Google+Searc h

Old 10-01-2011, 06:18 AM
Pete Travis

Are you looking for some kind of support? We might be able to help...

On Sep 30, 2011 10:04 PM, "Linda McLeod" <lindavaldeen@fastmail.fm> wrote:> My IP and OS are a vandalism target of mindless childish hellbound kooks

Old 10-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Bruno Wolff III

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 21:04:13 -0700,
Linda McLeod <lindavaldeen@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> My IP and OS are a vandalism target of mindless childish hellbound kooks
> hellbent on causing me grief to appease their delusions that I'm in any
> ways like them, and that I might somehow want to help them solve their
> useless bullyish lives.. is why I find it best to "DBAN" compromised
> OS's, to make hd's totally clean for new installs...

DBAN is used when you are going to lose control of the media (because you are
selling it or throwing it out) to prevent people from recovering your data.
It isn't needed to prevent you from accidentally running code looking at
data left behind after a compromise. A reinstall (including rewriting the
MBR and repartitioning) is good enough.

Also related to this is that hdparm will let you use the secure erase
feature of disk drives that support that feature.

Old 10-01-2011, 10:31 PM
"Mikkel L. Ellertson"