Old 09-30-2011, 11:27 PM
Joao Daniel

Default installed but not installed.

So guys,

I need to install snort on a machine. It seems that snort need a library
called daq and libpcap version > 1.0

[root@localhost daq-0.6.1]# find / -name *libpcap*
/usr/local/lib/libpcap.a
/usr/local/lib/libpcap.so.1.1.1
/usr/local/lib/libpcap.so
/usr/local/lib/libpcap.so.1
/lib/lib/libpcap.a
/lib/lib/libpcap.so.1.1.1
/lib/lib/libpcap.so
/lib/lib/libpcap.so.1

So I guess I have libpcap-1.1.1 installed. (Installed by untar
./configure make make install)

When I try to install daq-0.6.1:

[root@localhost daq-0.6.1]# ./configure
--with-mysql--enable-dynamicplugin --with-libpcap-libraries=/lib/lib/
or
[root@localhost daq-0.6.1]# ./configure
--with-mysql--enable-dynamicplugin --with-libpcap-libraries=/usr/local/lib/

I got:

ERROR! Libpcap library version >= 1.0.0 not found.
Get it from http://www.tcpdump.org

It is normal? What Am I doing it corret? Btw: You can notice that I
installed twice.

Old 09-30-2011, 11:33 PM
Rohan Sheth

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 4:27 PM, Joao Daniel
<joaodanielnevesss@hotmail.com> wrote:

> *ERROR! *Libpcap library version >= 1.0.0 *not found.
> * * Get it from http://www.tcpdump.org

I think you need libpcap-devel to build against libpcap. Try yum
installing that and giving your configure another go.

-Rohan