Old 09-30-2011, 10:13 PM
Ranjan Maitra

Default More live linux distributions available

On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 15:30:08 -0500 Aaron Konstam
<akonstam@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 2011-09-30 at 13:51 -0500, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
> > On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 13:32:59 -0500 Aaron Konstam
> > <akonstam@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> >
> > > I don't know when this happened but unetbootin-linux-555 is now
> > > available. This allows dozens of live Linux distributions to be
> > > downloaded onto a USB stick. The new version includes Fedora 15. The yum
> > > available unetbootin does not allow this.
> > >
> > > You can download it from:
> > >
> > > http://www.unetbootin.sourceforge.net
> >
> > It does not? Mine does. However, what it does not (and from the
> > screenshots on the referred-to page still may not) provide is
> > downloading other spins from Fedora such as LXDE, XFCE and the like.
> >
> > Ranjan
> >

> There seems to be a misunderstanding. I am talking about being able to
> download distributions. You are interested in DEs. If you want let us
> say LXDE under F15 you install F15 with its default DE and then install
> LXDE using yum.

Actually, there are Fedora LXDE/XFCE/KDE, etc spins and that are not in
the unetbootin options. But X/K/Ed/ubuntus are.

> I am completely confused by your line: It does not? Mine does.
> What is yours and what does it do,

I was responding to your statement "The yum available unetbootin does
not allow this". For me, this statement is not true.

> I also have to make and make a New Year's resolution. (After all today
> is Jewish New Years) I need to better check my subject lines. It is
> embarrassing.

:-)

Ranjan

Old 10-01-2011, 01:40 PM
Aaron Konstam

On Fri, 2011-09-30 at 17:13 -0500, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 15:30:08 -0500 Aaron Konstam
> <akonstam@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 2011-09-30 at 13:51 -0500, Ranjan Maitra wrote:

> > > It does not? Mine does. However, what it does not (and from the
> > > screenshots on the referred-to page still may not) provide is
> > > downloading other spins from Fedora such as LXDE, XFCE and the like.
> > >
> > > Ranjan
> > >

> > There seems to be a misunderstanding. I am talking about being able to
> > download distributions. You are interested in DEs. If you want let us
> > say LXDE under F15 you install F15 with its default DE and then install
> > LXDE using yum.
>
> Actually, there are Fedora LXDE/XFCE/KDE, etc spins and that are not in
> the unetbootin options. But X/K/Ed/ubuntus are.
>
> > I am completely confused by your line: It does not? Mine does.
> > What is yours and what does it do,
>
> I was responding to your statement "The yum available unetbootin does
> not allow this". For me, this statement is not true.
What I am saying the yum installed unetbootin while in F15 does not
allow you to download Live F15. That is true on my machine.

Old 10-01-2011, 02:07 PM
Ranjan Maitra

On Sat, 1 Oct 2011 08:40:55 -0500 Aaron Konstam
<akonstam@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 2011-09-30 at 17:13 -0500, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
> > On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 15:30:08 -0500 Aaron Konstam
> > <akonstam@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> > > There seems to be a misunderstanding. I am talking about being able to
> > > download distributions. You are interested in DEs. If you want let us
> > > say LXDE under F15 you install F15 with its default DE and then install
> > > LXDE using yum.
> >
> > Actually, there are Fedora LXDE/XFCE/KDE, etc spins and that are not in
> > the unetbootin options. But X/K/Ed/ubuntus are.
> >
> > > I am completely confused by your line: It does not? Mine does.
> > > What is yours and what does it do,
> >
> > I was responding to your statement "The yum available unetbootin does
> > not allow this". For me, this statement is not true.
> What I am saying the yum installed unetbootin while in F15 does not
> allow you to download Live F15. That is true on my machine.

But it has the option, on my machine! Has done so (only the live true F)
for the last 2-3 distributions since I discovered unetbootin.

Note that I have never used that F so have never actually downloaded
it. I download the LXDE spin and use unetbootin to save to USB.