Old 02-18-2008, 09:49 AM
"Andrea Bencini"

Default killall-postfix

I installed FC8 and Postfix-2.5.5-2.fc8

Postfix is running well.
I can stop, start or restart it without problems.
When I shutdown the system (shutdown -h now), I have:
start killall:
stop postfix: [FAILLED]
Can you helpme?
Thanks
Andrea

Old 02-18-2008, 10:22 AM
hdkutz

On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 11:49:11AM +0100, Andrea Bencini wrote:
> I installed FC8 and Postfix-2.5.5-2.fc8
>
> Postfix is running well.
> I can stop, start or restart it without problems.
> When I shutdown the system (shutdown -h now), I have:
> start killall:
> stop postfix: [FAILLED]
> Can you helpme?
> Thanks
> Andrea
Hello Andrea,
never seen this issue before.
What's the content of your postfix start/stop-script?

Cheers,
ku
--
Princess Leia:
The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the

Old 02-18-2008, 12:16 PM
Brian Chadwick

hdkutz wrote:

I can stop, start or restart it without problems.
When I shutdown the system (shutdown -h now), I have:
start killall:
stop postfix: [FAILLED]
Can you helpme?
Thanks
Andrea

Hello Andrea,
never seen this issue before.
What's the content of your postfix start/stop-script?

Cheers,
ku

when it boots up next time is it running ok?

if so, ignore the problem ....

fedora is a work in progress ... it will get fixed

Old 02-18-2008, 12:33 PM
Alexander Dalloz

Andrea Bencini schrieb:

I installed FC8 and Postfix-2.5.5-2.fc8

You mean postfix-2.4.5-2.fc8, don't you?

Postfix is running well.
I can stop, start or restart it without problems.

If you run "service postfix stop" or "/etc/init.d/postfix stop", does
the process lock file persists in /var/lock/subsys/?

When I shutdown the system (shutdown -h now), I have:
start killall:
stop postfix: [FAILLED]
Can you helpme?

The killall script is just a sanity check. If the postfix service was
stopped before but the subsys lockfile is still there, then the killall
scripts spits out an error.

Thanks Andrea

Alexander