Old 02-17-2008, 01:28 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Default bittorrent for unity spins

Leslie Satenstein wrote:
If you have already downloaded the f8 dvd, you are better off installing
it and then doing the updates (yum update).

The number of files to receive for updating will be less then the amount
of unity spin megabytes.

Since unity respins are not available as torrents but as jidgo files
which can take advantage of existing images, I think this point is
irrelevant.

Rahul

Old 02-17-2008, 02:48 PM
Bill Davidsen

Leslie Satenstein wrote:
If you have already downloaded the f8 dvd, you are better off installing
it and then doing the updates (yum update).

The number of files to receive for updating will be less then the amount
of unity spin megabytes.

I had no Lionux install of any kind, I booted a live CD on a friend's
machine and he wanted and install DVD. Didn't happen, we later installed
F8 and did the million updates.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>