Old 02-17-2008, 05:30 AM
David Timms

Default pcmcia wireless lan not loading

Amadeus W.M. wrote:
I have this Linksys WPC11 wireless pcmcia card (Prism2) that I use with

1) How is pcmcia being handled in F8? Is it somehow via udev?

pcmciautils-014-11.fc8 seems to be the answer.

3) How do I diagnose the problem, step by step. Where should I look and
what should I see when I insert the card? It seems to me that the system
recognizes the card (both pcmcia and the network) but it can't talk to
the router.
from memory, iwconfig is the tool to use. By the way, did you upgrade to
or fresh install F8 ?

There are some bits of F8 that don't get installed when doing an
upgrade, but I forget which {see release notes/common issues}. Perhaps
your card works out of the box and doesn't need hand configs anymore ?

4) What does it mean that the card does not beep when I insert it?
I think it was the kernel initiating a PC speaker beep. If you have
disabled PC speaker sounds then it may disable that too.

Want some feedback: tail -f /var/log/messages

DaveT.

Old 02-17-2008, 01:35 PM
"Amadeus W.M."

Any idea what happened to the wlan-ng driver?