Old 02-16-2008, 09:03 PM
Mike - W0TMW

Default FC7 and Apache won't start - RESOLVED

I had checked httpd.conf many times and there was only one Listen
statement. However, since this is a fedora distro, I just did a grep on
/etc/httpd/conf.d and found several Listen statements there.
Apparently, I should have stayed using VI on the httpd.conf instead of
trying to be easy and use the fedora system-config-httpd.
system-config-httpd created system-config-httpd.conf file in the
./conf.d directory and stored the x.x.x.30 ip there several times.

I deleted system-confo.httpd.conf from /etc/httpd/conf.d and httpd lit off.

The x.x.x.300 was a typo. It was x.x.x.30.

Mike W

"Lose not thy airspeed lest the ground rises up and smites thee." - Anon.

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
W0TMW schrieb:
I'm building a server based on FC7 and Apache won't start. I'm
running out of space on another server and this one is intended as a
replacement. I've looked through the archives, FAQs and while this
issue is mentioned, that's all I can find---a mention with no help
for resolution.

The error is:

Starting httpd: (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind
to address 192.168.1.300:80 No listening sockets available, shutting
down.

Unable to open logs [Failed]

address 192.168.1.300:80 !?

Correct your Apache config - that IP is invalid.
Test your setup with "apachectl -t" and "apachectl -S".

Alexander