Old 09-04-2011, 08:53 PM
Sam Varshavchik

Default iMac on my Lan can't see my printer connected via usb to my linux box

jackson byers writes:

Since then I haven't tried to modify cupsd.conf--
it seems the modern version is far more complex.
Maybe not even intended that users should
directly modify it?

Yes, open http://localhost:631/admin/ and make sure that "Share printers
connected to this system" and "Allow printing from the Internet" are enabled.

My F14 /etc/hosts has only the two localhost lines.
Do I need more here?
More on the iMac?

No. /etc/hosts has nothing to do with printer access control.