Old 09-03-2011, 01:12 AM
Fernando Cassia

Default Disable "import photos" automagically running whenever I plug a pen drive

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 19:04, François Patte <francois.patte@mi.parisdescartes.fr> wrote:

Previous tool was handy, that's why they have removed it...

Be careful with gconf editor, in case of mistake you could waste a lot

of time to recover...
Thanks Francois!

Very much appreciated.

I had several thousand pics on each pen drive and the app started to index (or at least create thumbnails, or maybe only lists of files, who knows) slowing access from my photo editor to the pen drive to a crawl.

I realize now that USB really sucks for simultaneous file I/O on the same flash device... or at least with pen drives that surely have no optimization like SSDs...

FC