Old 09-02-2011, 10:01 AM
"antonio.montagnani@alice.it"

Default R: Fedora 15 is a lot like Windows OS's.. irritating, offensive, difficult to use with ease, nauseating to try...

Re: Fedora 15 is a lot like Windows OS's.. irritating, offensive, difficult

McLeod <lindavaldeen@fastmail.fm> wrote:

>> I love this Fedora-14, and
everything Red Hat, but Fedora-15 is a lot
>> like those vile Windows OS's..
>

>Essentially, every time I see a post like this I stop reading as soon
>as it
tries to argue that something is wrong because it's like
>Windows. Reductio ad
Gates is not a valid demonstration that something
>is undesireable and
successive attempts at doing it commonly vary
>between 'this is obscure', 'this
is oversimplified', 'this isn't
>configurable to my liking' and 'I don't like
it'. All of those on
>their own might be good reasons to object to a design or
feature and
>might be points worth discussing, but lots of people seem to thing

>that the Linux community is about Not Being Windows and that if you
>can
equate something you don't like to Windows in some way then you've
>proved that
it's undesireable. This is simply not true.

>--
>imalone
>--
>users mailing
list
>users@lists.fedoraproject.org

For sure, Gnome 3 is far from Windows.

I suggest an easy test: install a
brand new Fedora 15 and let a Windows user start to use it (someone who never
saw a Linux system), report his experience