Old 09-01-2011, 04:56 PM
Chris Kottaridis

Default Drivers for Brother MFC-J6710DW

Just got a new Multifunction FAX,Scanner.Copier,Printer that has network
access.

I have Fedora Core 14 and when I use the tools to add a printerit finds
it on the netwrok, but it can't seem to find a driver for this device.
It's a

Brother MFC-J6710DW

Do you know where I can get the drivers for this for Fedora Core 14 ?

Thanks
Chris Kottaridis

Old 09-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Chris Kottaridis

OK, I found what I need here for printing:

http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public_s/id/linux/en/instruction_prn1a.html

Got a test page printout just fine.

Thanks
Chris Kottaridis

Old 09-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Claude Jones

On 9/1/2011 12:56 PM, Chris Kottaridis wrote:
> Just got a new Multifunction FAX,Scanner.Copier,Printer that has network
> access.
>
> I have Fedora Core 14 and when I use the tools to add a printerit finds
> it on the netwrok, but it can't seem to find a driver for this device.
> It's a
>
> Brother MFC-J6710DW
>
> Do you know where I can get the drivers for this for Fedora Core 14 ?

start here - I see your printer and Fedora 14 listed
http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public_s/id/linux/en/evaluation.html

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA