Old 09-01-2011, 11:43 AM
"Darryl L. Pierce"

Default Freezing emacs...

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 03:55:42PM -0400, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> > In my case it happens whenever the Emacs window is minimized and then
> > reopened. I have to maximize it and then select a buffer each time to
> > get it back to normal.
> >
> > I've not filed a BZ for it personally.
>
> Interesting. I don't seem to be able to reproduce it. But I'll keep an
> eye out.
>
> If it isn't working for you, you should file a bug.

What happens if you press ctrl-z? For me the window minimizes, and when
I bring it back it doesn't show any updates in the client window area. I
have to resize and then select a buffer in order to get it working
again.

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/

Old 09-01-2011, 02:11 PM
Matthew Saltzman

On Thu, 2011-09-01 at 07:43 -0400, Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 03:55:42PM -0400, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> > > In my case it happens whenever the Emacs window is minimized and then
> > > reopened. I have to maximize it and then select a buffer each time to
> > > get it back to normal.
> > >
> > > I've not filed a BZ for it personally.
> >
> > Interesting. I don't seem to be able to reproduce it. But I'll keep an
> > eye out.
> >
> > If it isn't working for you, you should file a bug.
>
> What happens if you press ctrl-z? For me the window minimizes, and when
> I bring it back it doesn't show any updates in the client window area. I
> have to resize and then select a buffer in order to get it working
> again.

Ah, yes, I can reproduce that. Open emacs, press ctrl-z, reopen,
frozen. Resize, get new pane with messages buffer (or sometimes not),
select scratch buffer, unfrozen.

I don't get the same freeze if I minimize from the window bar menu.

--
Matthew Saltzman
Clemson University Mathematical Sciences