Old 09-01-2011, 09:44 AM
"Michael D. Setzer II"

Default Adding a Package to Fedora System?

I've been the maintainer of the G4L project for about 6 or 7 years
now, and I've been building it with my Fedora systems and using it
on them to do disk and partition images. Normally, it is run from a
cd, but one can simple copy the kernel file and ramdisk.lzma file
to the boot directory, and add a few lines to the grub.conf to
make it a boot option into ram to make images or restore them.

Was looking on getting info on what the process would be to do
this. For me it is very useful, and I hope those that download it
from sourceforge also find it so.

Thanks.

Michael D. Setzer II - Computer Science Instructor
Guam Community College Computer Center
mailto:mikes@kuentos.guam.net
mailto:msetzerii@gmail.com
http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
Guam - Where America's Day Begins
G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned: 19,471
Processing time: 32 years, 290 days, 12 hours, 58 minutes
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC@HOME CREDITS
SETI 11188861.827016 | EINSTEIN 6464865.409851
ROSETTA 3561096.658837 | ABC 7821437.013274

Old 09-01-2011, 09:48 AM
Itamar Reis Peixoto

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 6:44 AM, Michael D. Setzer II
<mikes@kuentos.guam.net> wrote:
> I've been the maintainer of the G4L project for about 6 or 7 years
> now, and I've been building it with my Fedora systems and using it
> on them to do disk and partition images. Normally, it is run from a
> cd, but one can simple copy the kernel file and ramdisk.lzma file
> to the boot *directory, and add a few lines to the grub.conf to
> make it a boot option into ram to make images or restore them.
>
> Was looking on getting info on what the process would be to do
> this. For me it is very useful, and I hope those that download it
> from sourceforge also find it so.
>
> Thanks.

> *Michael D. Setzer II - *Computer Science Instructor
> *Guam Community College *Computer Center
> *mailto:mikes@kuentos.guam.net
> *mailto:msetzerii@gmail.com
> *http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
> *Guam - Where America's Day Begins
> *G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
> *http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/
>
> http://setiathome.berkeley.edu (Original)
> Number of Seti Units Returned: *19,471
> Processing time: *32 years, 290 days, 12 hours, 58 minutes
> (Total Hours: 287,489)
>
> BOINC@HOME CREDITS
> SETI * * * *11188861.827016 * | * EINSTEIN * * 6464865.409851
> ROSETTA * * *3561096.658837 * | * ABC * * * * *7821437.013274

please follow

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_package_collection_maintainers

--

Itamar Reis Peixoto